Gospel library won’t open

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sopheetayyy

Gospel library won’t open

Post by sopheetayyy »

So the gospel library app won’t open for me. When I click the app it tries to open it but then closes out. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app and shutting my phone off but the app keeps crashing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel library won’t open

Post by russellhltn »

There is a known issue with iOS that can be fixed by upgrading iOS itself from 14 to 15.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KenLightsey

Post by KenLightsey »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:11 pm There is a known issue with iOS that can be fixed by upgrading iOS itself from 14 to 15.
That may be true but it does not explain why, like the OP, the Gospel Library app stopped working on both my iPhone and my iPad yesterday and still cannot be opened. Something about the app has changed in the past 24 hours. I have removed and reinstalled the app from both platforms, completely shutdown and restarted each device, and now I am updating the OS from 15.1 to 15.2.1. Hopefully that will resolve the App issue but it won’t define it.

If any of the services technicians have suggestions I would appreciate hearing other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by KenLightsey on Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

KenLightsey wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:01 am
russellhltn wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:11 pm There is a known issue with iOS that can be fixed by upgrading iOS itself from 14 to 15.
That may be true but it does not explain why, like the OP, the Gospel Library app stopped working on both my iPhone and my iPad yesterday and still cannot be opened. Something about the app has changed in the past 24 hours. I have removed and reinstalled the app from both platforms, completely shutdown and restarted each device, and now I am updating the OS from 15.1 to 15.2.1. Hopefully that will resolve the App issue but it won’t define it.

If any of the services technicians have suggestions I would appreciate hearing other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Gospel Library 6.0.4 for iOS was released on Tuesday evening. It was built using Xcode 13.2.1, which introduced a bug that can cause a crash on iOS 14 (see below). Gospel Library 6.0.5 has been released with a workaround that prevents the crash. Although the crash was able to be fixed, upgrading to the latest iOS version is still recommended, because it's tested more thoroughly and will be supported longer. All devices that support iOS 14 also support iOS 15.
More info can be found here: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/697070

Note that this is generally a user-to-user forum – so while I have details in this case, usually we don't hear much at the forum directly from service technicians or developers. Using the Feedback link in the app or website is more likely to get an official response.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”