Linking to notebook

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
jimlaudie

Linking to notebook

Post by jimlaudie »

Is there a way to do what I'm after? I'm reading in D&C 46 about spiritual gifts (Gospel Library on iphone). I highlight text, click on link, and can't find a way to link to a note I have created. I have a dedicated notebook that is my entire patriarchal blessing. Each note in it is a portion of the blessing, almost chapter and verse style. But looks like linking only allows you to link to text of items in the library, not including your notebooks.

Only way I can come up with to do this is tag the verse and then tag my note. But is there a way to link in the way I'm after?

Thanks!
Jim
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Linking to notebook

Post by sbradshaw »

That's correct, an annotation link can only go to and from "Gospel Library content" – more specifically, from a highlight in a Gospel Library document, to a paragraph in another Gospel Library document.

You could highlight text in Doctrine and Covenants 46 and add it to the same notebook as your patriarchal blessing. Or, you could add a tag (for example, "Spiritual Gifts") to both the patriarchal blessing paragraph (note) and Doctrine and Covenants highlight and see them together in the Tags section of the app.

I'm curious if anyone else has creative solutions. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jimlaudie

Re: Linking to notebook

Post by jimlaudie »

Never came back around to thank you for your response, Samuel. Appreciate the help. Wish we had this functionality for linking. But will work with tags in the meantime.

Return to “Gospel Library”