Can't make red notification go away on Gospel Living app

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
Bakal1

Can't make red notification go away on Gospel Living app

Post by Bakal1 »

Hi - The red "1" has been stuck on my Gospel Living app for months, indicating I have an unread message in Circles. When I open Circles, the red dot is next to the same circle. But I don't have a new message. I've gone through all of the messages in that circle (200+) and double-checked for unopen replies. Can't find what's causing this. How can I "read all" or anything to make that red 1 go away? It's an important circle for my calling so this means I basically check it every time I look at my phone so I don't miss a message. But 90 percent of the time there are no new ones. Thanks!
kelosh

Re: Can't make red notification go away on Gospel Living app

Post by kelosh »

Same problem. Posting reply hoping this will get some attention.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

The forums are only user-to-user support and unfortunately it doesn't seem like anyone has any suggestions or solutions since no one has responded.

The official means of reporting problems is using the Send Feedback option in the app itself. That will get the problem report to official support and to the developers if necessary.
johnphenrie

Post by johnphenrie »

Press and hold circles group you want to show all messages as read. A window will open that will allow you to so just that.
rbronco21

Post by rbronco21 »

I don't get another window on my iPhone or iPad. Are you using Android?

Check out this thread. I clicked through a bunch of messages and found an unread reply. That didn't fix it, so I kept clicking through everything and it finally went away. A "Mark Read" button would really be useful.
Last edited by rbronco21 on Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
studyvin

Post by studyvin »

That only works for circle that you have joined. One of my kids circle that I can only view, the press hold does not work. Any other solutions?
rbronco21

Post by rbronco21 »

Press and hold didn't work for me, but clicking through and activating them did somehow. But the notification is back now so who knows what's going on.
sareid

Post by sareid »

Press and hold worked for me on the name of the circle (i.e. Elders Quorum). :D

Would be so much more nice if it was a lot more intuitive to “mark as read” or had a button at the top of the individual circle to mark as read. Or even See All Unread messages. And there’s not really a help section to provide those instructions. :D :arrow:
kjablonski

Post by kjablonski »

johnphenrie wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:16 pm Press and hold circles group you want to show all messages as read. A window will open that will allow you to so just that.
This worked!! Thank you!!
christinemay

Post by christinemay »

Haha, funny meeting you on this board, K! I've been having this problem for a while. I had turned off badges because I couldn't get the notification to go away. Maybe we should post this hint on our adult circle?

Return to “Gospel Living App”