Downloading and editing church talks.

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
cambaxter

Downloading and editing church talks.

Post by cambaxter »

Can someone please explain why it is so difficult to download and edit conference talks. It is impossible as far as I can tell to prepare excerpts for lessons and a major project if it is possible. People can hack and twist church resources for defaming and nefarious purposes; but church members are so limited that it just creates a lot of frustration. I get that the church want's to guard it's resources and what gets out on media, but people with good intentions are so limited that it's very frustrating. Also, it is hard to see the church becoming like so many other major corporations where it is impossible to reach a live person for help and simples issues like this have to be resolved through a laborious and frustrating process.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Downloading and editing church talks.

Post by lajackson »

cambaxter wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:49 pm Can someone please explain why it is so difficult to download and edit conference talks.
I do not see what is so hard about it. I open the talk and then copy the text into whatever document I am working with. If I only need an excerpt, I copy and paste that excerpt. If I need more, I copy the whole thing into my working document and then edit away the parts I am not using.
chrisgrant

Post by chrisgrant »

For both talks and scriptures, it's sometimes helpful to turn off footnotes under the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page before copying the text.

Also, if you're using Microsoft Word to paste the text into, it's often best to choose "Keep Text Only" as an option under the Paste icon.
aplucinik

Post by aplucinik »

I don't know what steps you are following that make it seem difficult and restrictive to you.

Here's a link to screen capture video of the steps I follow to download talks or copy and paste text excerpts of talks into a Word document.

https://greatshotsbyallan.com/videos/Ho ... dTalks.mp4
Allan Plucinik
Stake Clerk
Colorado Springs, CO

Return to “Main Church Website”