GLW won't sync (?)

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

GrasseDD

GLW won't sync (?)

Post by GrasseDD »

Hm.
Is there a condition that would prevent GLW from syncing my annotations?
The attached .jpg shows GLW>Settings>Church Account.
GLW sync table (Feb 1 2022).jpg
I've hit the "Sync" button multiple times, restarted, etc., but those 75 annotations won't sync. (I've looked at my GL markings online and can see my latest annotations haven't synced.)
Everything else seems to be working just fine.
Thanks,
D.G.
BowmanDH

Re: GLW won't sync (?)

Post by BowmanDH »

Well you have tried most of the things we recommend. In your case please try this:

The problem may be related to Windows locking the necessary files for some reason. You will need to reset the application as follows:
Go to Settings > Advanced Settings >Click on Reset Application
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Thanks, Br. Bowman.
(Will resetting the app cause me to lose the unsynced annotations?)
D.G.
BowmanDH

Post by BowmanDH »

Unfortunately the answer is maybe. However, it will preserved all of the synced ones and allow you to sync them going forward. When Windows locks the files the UNSYNCED annotations are hard to preserve. You mentioned you tried restarting. In addition to exiting the app, did you also try restarting your Computer after exiting the app, then with nothing else running start the app and try syncing again? That still has a chance of unlocking the files and working.

You can also use from the same screen in the app that you found the forum link; press the contact us button to start an email with diagnostic information to the volunteer help team. Before you send that email if you click open log files and attach the files you find to that email before you send it it will give them an even better chance of helping you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

On a long shot, go into Settings,
search for "Power & Sleep Settings",
click on "Additional Power Settings",
click on "Choose what the power buttons do",
Uncheck "Turn on fast startup" (You'll have to click "change settings that are currently unavailable" to change it)

Then restart your computer.

What "fast start" does is when you do a shutdown, it logs you out and then hibernates the OS. It doesn't do a real reboot. If something is messed up in the OS, a fast start may not fix it. By default, fast start is enabled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Thanks, Russell—I appreciate the very clear instructions!
I did it and, unfortunately, no change.

I also remembered another Windows machine in another location was still logged on with my credentials, and shut it down. Again, no change.

I have sent the GLWin team a request for help.

Thanks,
D.G.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Ugh.
So, I signed out of GLWin on my second device. It didn't help.

And, now it won't sync, either.
GLWin does not sync.jpg
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

In case a forum frequenter harbors any interest in the development of this case, here is a line of communication I received from Church Global Services Department:
"We may be having a server side problem syncing some peoples' annotations. We have somebody at HQ looking into it."
D.G.
BowmanDH

Post by BowmanDH »

Here is another update. The server group made a change late yesterday that was designed to correct the syncing issues people have been experiencing this week.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Woo hoo!!
It's working!
D.G.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”