Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
adamu

Post by adamu »

We used sign-up genius for tithing settlement this year. The free tier worked ok, but I was bothered by the advertising/branding and concerned about inappropriate ads potentially showing up. Sign-ups are such a regular occurrence for ward activities; meal calendars, service opportunities at the bishops storehouse, it would be wonderful to have access to an account for each ward that the budget dollars were centrally funded so that we could get a massive 'corporate' discount. Alternatively, if this functionality was built into the lds living app that would be just a convenient, and a good way to drive adoption.
BrianEdwards

Re: sign up genius access

Post by BrianEdwards »

There's been occasional traffic on the Forum regarding these types of ideas -- and while I think there's general agreement that it would be great if the Church had something it supported, there's also a realization that it's quite unlikely to occur, for reasons others can explain much better than I could. But we're all pretty much just regular members like yourself, and not plugged into any Church decision-making.

However, that doesn't mean it isn't worth requesting! As this site is essentially a user-to-user forum, there's no mechanism in place here for your input to get into any feedback system. Your best bet is to submit this via the Feedback link available at the bottom of any church website page (doesn't matter which page it is submitted from).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: sign up genius access

Post by russellhltn »

The usual issue is one of putting membership information into a non-church website. This is different. Presumably the users are signing up on their own. They're the ones inputting and implying consent to put their information on that website.

As long as there is an alternative way to sign up that is available that doesn't put their information on that website, I don't see an issue with the idea.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”