Posting on YouTube, music, and other media..Help needed.

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
elblakey

Posting on YouTube, music, and other media..Help needed.

Post by elblakey »

My Post on YouTube. Thought it might explain a little.
""
Hi, This is LittleLightz Here, I am having a problem, with a video I recently made, and I want it to stay up, so I can brighten others days, and be a light. But how do I do that with this content id claim? I only am fluent in English. so these Copyright owners
ONErpm
On behalf of: Jovens da Igreja de Jesus Cristo,

this person supposedly own the music, but I am at a loss. A friend told me that My Church, The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints has music that is loyalty free music. I would love to share the music, so others can feel loved and needed here. So that's why I posted this video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8762OECRPo

I am trying my hardest to understand, but I am not sure what to do.
The music is even free to download on The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Later-Days Saints website here: (Just click Choose To Stay, the download button should pop up)
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/med ... ec5af813f6

Please help me, I don't know what to do...... I just want to be a light and be loving and kind, and caring, and showing my love for everyone. Please help!
""

Also, I am having troubles, understanding what I can use and what not for music, pictures, etc. I really want to make YouTube videos, and put music on them, uploading them and bringing a bright light into the world through my videos. I just really want to be a loving light that is reflecting the bigger light of Jesus Christ. Please help me. I'm having trouble.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Posting on YouTube, music, and other media..Help needed.

Post by russellhltn »

elblakey wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:29 pm I am trying my hardest to understand, but I am not sure what to do.
Copyright is a complex subject. Different songs are released under different permissions. Much of the music done by The Tabernacle Choir is protected the same way any other recording artists are protected. But the songs they do in General Conference is less restrictive. Other products fall somewhere in-between.

Please see Terms of Use for a link to see if permission is required and how to apply for permission.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
n_tech

Post by n_tech »

Youtube exists for the benefit of it's owners, it is a very complex website.

Assuming you have permission to use the copyright, and are taking responsibility for following the law, why not share on a website other than youtube?

For example, if you make an account with dropbox, you can upload a file. Then inside dropbox you can create a link to share that file. Anyone with the link can access the file, even playing the video or audio file right off of dropbox.

Or why not make your own website? It is actually not very expensive or difficult to set up your own website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

n_tech wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:22 pm Or why not make your own website? It is actually not very expensive or difficult to set up your own website.
What kind of prices are we talking here? Keep in mind, it would have to have enough bandwidth to support all the video streamed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
n_tech

Post by n_tech »

If you want to make your own website or pay for your own hosting to share video files, you'll have to research and learn about it yourself. I learned how to make websites by checking out books from a local public library, but there are many ways you can learn to do this. You could take a class, or get online instruction. So creating and running your own website becomes something to learn and a hobby. Usually when I have run small websites with very few visitors the base price is $3 to $10 a month. Prices can go up from there if you have thousands of visitors etc. Some people who are skilled also set up webservers at their homes, so they pay for a computer at their home to be left on 24/7, but don't pay any hosting fees- this is another way to get started.

Without the hassle of making my own website, I also have a free dropbox account, and I can upload a few files and share links with people. This doesn't require learning about how to make a website, just go to dropbox.com and learn how to use their services. Google, microsoft, many email providers and many other companies offer free or very low cost services where you can upload a few files and share links with anyone on the internet. Based on your responses this may be what you are looking for.

Or you can figure out how to work with youtube or another social media company- your choice.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

A lot of music on the Church website can be downloaded for personal use. However, uploading a copy of that music to YouTube or even your own website is no longer considered personal use, so permission is required. You can submit a permissions request at Permissions.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
abdullahmushtaq217

Post by abdullahmushtaq217 »

You have to deal with original owner of music. You can communicate them for this. Just Emil them and they will defiantly permit you to upload their content on your YouTube channel. In this way you will never face any copyright claim from owner.
elblakey

Post by elblakey »

Thank-you everyone , I did not know that
mevans

Post by mevans »

I have seen articles on websites that give a good overview of the process. If you search, you can probably find some helpful information. I believe YouTube also has mechanisms for automatically giving royalties to copyright owners, but you need to read up on that. I notice that your location is in Canada...you'll need to make sure what you do aligns with copyright laws where you live. YouTube also has a library of royalty-free music that you can incorporate into your videos.

Another suggestion is to see if you have any friends who are familiar with the process. Maybe they are involved in the entertainment/music industry as a professional or hobbyist.

Return to “Main Church Website”