Foreign bank account

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
borg2752

Foreign bank account

Post by borg2752 »

I moved to the Madrid Spain area five months ago. Since my records were transferred I have been trying to pay my tithing on line as I usually do. As the process proceeds it asks me to add a new bank account. When I enter my account number it tells me I've used the wrong format. What it wants is a Spanish bank account number, which I do not have. I'm not a ciudadano or a residente oficial, a citizen or official resident; I can't open a bank account here until I receive my Residencia card many months from now.
Does the Donations system require every member to have a bank account in the country in which they reside?

Thank you.
Kimball Borg
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Foreign bank account

Post by jdlessley »

borg2752 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:24 am Does the Donations system require every member to have a bank account in the country in which they reside?
If you reside in Spain the system is set up to expect a Spanish bank and the currency to be in Euros.
If you are a citizen of another country; you have a bank in that country; and you want to make donations in the currency of that country, then you can send an email to onlinedonationsupport@churchofjesuschrist.org and explain your situation so your account will be flagged for donations of your home country.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Online Donations”