FHC not able to access premium sites

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
superdave98

FHC not able to access premium sites

Post by superdave98 »

Greetings,

I'm starting to think that I'm the only one that gets all these weird issues. I have a Family History Center that is unable to access the premium sites. They get an error message that suggests they're not in an FHC or if they are to load the Chrome extension.

The Chrome extension is loaded.
The machines are connected to the church network on the "Special" interface on the Meraki managed switch.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so, what did you find that resolved it?

Thanks!
Dave
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: FHC not able to access premium sites

Post by russellhltn »

Maybe it's changed, but it used to be you installed a management app on FHC computers. I think that app is part of what grants access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mariva

Re: FHC not able to access premium sites

Post by mariva »

I had the same problem with an FHC, try this. First of all, has your meraki the right settings? look if the IP of your PC begins with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx , if it's not, your cisco meraki settings are wrong and you have to call technical assistance of the church to set it. Second, does the filter programs works correctly? that is, if http://filter.churchofjesuschrist.org/ shows you a big white X, it's not filtering, my problem was that the provider was forwarding the calls to a different DNS, I had to set the router to avoid changing our addressing. The router was a SHG3000 and the provider Vodafone, I went to the router settings and changed to DNS secure off.

Return to “Family History Centers”