LCR not working 3/26/22

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Biggles

Re: LCR not working 3/26/22

Post by Biggles »

I have seen a notice in the Missionary application portal that they are hoping to have the issues sorted by General Conference!!!
majorgearhead

Post by majorgearhead »

mkmurray wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:29 am Is there any general guidance on handling donation envelopes when the system is down like this? Or is it best to work with my bishop on a reasonable and safe approach catered to our circumstance?
The Bishop should hold tithing until it can be entered. I believe he is the only one authorized to hold tithing week over week.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

mkmurray wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:29 am Is there any general guidance on handling donation envelopes when the system is down like this? Or is it best to work with my bishop on a reasonable and safe approach catered to our circumstance?
Someone posted a link in another thread: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... e?lang=eng
majorgearhead

Post by majorgearhead »

Is anyone aware and/or working on this outage? I know it’s Sunday but we experience quite a large number of outages on Sunday when we are to be entering donations.
itsgavinc

Post by itsgavinc »

jgoggan wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:48 am
EDIT: Not a big deal to wait on tithing. Our real issue is that we have a couple of people receiving assistance that need a rent payment before the 1st -- that we now cannot issue today. We'll have to have two people come in during the week and generate the checks. :(
Use MLS to enter the expenses and generate the checks.
bkharmon1

Post by bkharmon1 »

How do you print a deposit slip for the bank?

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:53 am
Someone posted a link in another thread: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... e?lang=eng
bkharmon1

Post by bkharmon1 »

Nevermind, I was thinking of the deposit summary. Disregard my last question.
MurdockM

Re: LCR not working 3/26/22 & 3/27/22

Post by MurdockM »

With LCR Finance unavailable, we used MLS for donations today 3/27/22. There were no problems when MLS did it's transmit of the batch.
MLS will also still print checks (I think).
I've been logging into MLS each Sunday and allowing it to update so it is ready for days when LCR is down. ... A warm spare so to speak.

/Ward Financial Clerk
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:53 am Someone posted a link in another thread: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... e?lang=eng
Thank you very much. We followed the manual accounting method prescribed here at this church support link. Now that the LCR financial system is back online, I imagine I can now enter the batch into the system.

A follow-up question: Will it require 2 attesters like a normal batch? If so, I assume I need to reenlist the bishopric member that helped me prepare the manual accounting and deposit to be with me as I enter it back into LCR?
david.north

Post by david.north »

Shout out to all of the engineers and testers who spent a good portion of their Sabbath day working to resolve this problem.

Your work is appreciated!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”