Can I do a remote speed test?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
JacobThurman

Can I do a remote speed test?

Post by JacobThurman »

I'm an STS. I have chapels in my stake that are a 2+ hour drive from my home, and I'd like to be able to take a look at connection speeds from the comfort of my own home. Is there a way through TM or some other tool to do an internet speed test on a connection for a building I'm not currently in?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can I do a remote speed test?

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not seeing any way to do that. I do know the firewall is capable of doing one, but I'm not seeing any way of accessing it remotely.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

A few months before each of our stake conferences, I ask a clerk to run a speed test and send me the results for buildings that are a long distance away from where I live.

Any time I happen to be in a distant building doing something else, I always make it a point to run a speed test then. But if I only ask a few times a year, the clerks have always been willing to run a test for me. I also tell them not to make a special trip, just to do it the next time they are at the building normally.
julz1958

Post by julz1958 »

I don't believe it is possible to run Speed Test remotely. I make a point of running a test every week when I'm in the Chapel at our ward doing anything else. It only takes a few seconds to do, so I've added it to my list of everything I do each week - just to be sure things are working as they ought to.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”