LCR not working 4/10/22

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rclawsonjr

LCR not working 4/10/22

Post by rclawsonjr »

LCR Finance is down again. It was working this morning but has been down for the last hour. Currently https://lcrffe.churchofjesuschrist.org/ just loads a spinning loading icon and then after 5-10+mins resolves to https://lcrffe.churchofjesuschrist.org/_error with the text displaying:
error.access.denied
error.no.access

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
plott

Re: LCR not working 4/10/22

Post by plott »

Yes, this is the second time in as many weeks. It may be time to look at implementing some redundancies in the cloud (AWS, GC, Azure). At least then servicing could be handled while the system is working and if the down time is due to overuse - you can fire up more servers to handle it in real-time.

It's really the worst time - as most financials are taken care of on Sundays.

Update: I hate to say it, but the website now loads slower than when we had 56K modems. Maybe we should have MLS back as an option for when the website goes down.
Last edited by plott on Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamuelEarl

Post by SamuelEarl »

I am also experiencing this issue in Arizona. It is 10:48 AM Pacific (11:48 AM Mountain). When I click on "Finance" in "Leader and Clerk Resources", then I get the error message "The Service is Currently Unavailable".
smkigin

Post by smkigin »

Can't process tithing...
smithjh00

Post by smithjh00 »

It was working this morning (0800 US Central Time), but when I returned after a few meetings to process reimbursements and tithing, experiencing the same issue. Experienced this issue a few times over the last few months, likely due to more units moving to LCR for finance requirements. With most units conducting the majority of their finance work on Sundays, we may be inadvertently DOSing ourselves. It clears up after traffic requests diminish and the system can reestablish itself.
jasoncastleton

Post by jasoncastleton »

Same issue with the finance tab not loading, happened 3/27 and again today 4/10. It would be nice if it would work offline and then sync when needed on the backend like MLS did. That would allow us to deposit the checks the same day to avoid delays.
stevenray

Post by stevenray »

Same issue here.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jasoncastleton wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:53 pm That would allow us to deposit the checks the same day to avoid delays.
You should always make the deposit, even if you are not able to record the details in LCR/F and have to do that later.
kelosh

Post by kelosh »

Wait, so are we supposed to make a deposit even if we can’t use LCR/F? That’s the first I’ve heard that. Where do we find the guidance and process for that? Do we open the envelopes, write down the information, and then just enter it later? In the past I’ve treated it like the slips that arrive in the mail and keep them safe in my home and then bring them the following week to process. We just didn’t open the envelopes if LCR/F wasn’t working.

I agree that it would be nice to have some asynchronous way to enter them that syncs up when the system is functioning again. It would save us this problem.
bpcamp

Post by bpcamp »

Curious on how to make the donation without the donation slip that is printed as a part of the recording process.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”