LCR is down more than it's up

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
BrianEdwards

Re: LCR is down more than it's up

Post by BrianEdwards »

@plott, since you also posted this issue in a separate thread, could you make sure you report back here if there is a resolution to what you're seeing? Perhaps it's not intentional, in which case it would be good for others seeing your post here, to also see how it was resolved for you. But if it is intentional, it would also be good to know what (if anything) you find out.
lkpowell

Post by lkpowell »

plott wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:46 am ...they won't allow us to have a Open Source spreadsheet installed, won't provide Microsoft Office Excel, if you were able to get it installed they keep removing it.
Our clerk computer has LibreOffice on it installed by the Church's setup program and that's one application I've never had trouble with uninstalling. I know this probably doesn't help, but I don't think it's intentional. I did have trouble with the Church or some automated process reinstalling Sophos after I had removed it, but that problem finally went away.

It might be helpful for you to call the Global Service Center on the "LibreOffice getting removed" problem.

We were finally able to complete finances yesterday without issue for the first time in a few weeks, so maybe they are finally getting a handle on the issue. We can hope.
justinevananderson

Post by justinevananderson »

I imagine this continues to be an issue for others as it is for our ward. Just found out today about the Donations during System Outage instructions. We will follow that procedure in the meantime.
radradryan

Post by radradryan »

Yes, once again a very frustrating Sunday unable to input donations.
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

If one inadvertently forgets to backdate a manual batch while entering it later in to LCR,

"The leader should provide a description of the issue with the correct dates on the paper batch reports that are archived for audit purposes."

(Source: Emailed response from GSD)
plott

Post by plott »

BrianEdwards wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:05 pm @plott, since you also posted this issue in a separate thread, could you make sure you report back here if there is a resolution to what you're seeing? Perhaps it's not intentional, in which case it would be good for others seeing your post here, to also see how it was resolved for you. But if it is intentional, it would also be good to know what (if anything) you find out.
Yes. Local Clerk Computers shouldn't have Sophos installed to block installation of software. Resolution is to call or contact Global Support and have them remove it so it can be installed. I also found that if you are blocked - you can get around installing it by using a portable version that doesn't install.
plott

Post by plott »

Another day of lots of refreshing and waiting. The new error information is very helpful :) (Sarcasm):
error.occurred
error.text
or
error.access.denied
error.no.access
david.north

Post by david.north »

Different Sunday, same problem...

This morning we either get an HTTP 502 error with no page render, or the LCR Finance Dashboard page starts to render, but displays the following:

error.occurred
error.text

It would be helpful if the church had a status page outside the churchofjesuschrist.org domain.

David North
josephhamilton

Post by josephhamilton »

Been having the same issues for weeks now. Today we're getting an error that the server cannot handle the request.
gcoddington

Post by gcoddington »

The performance of LCR on the day accessing it is required is abysmal. We spent ~1.5 hours last Sunday entering (4) donations and today the site is down.
IMHO, LCR is not ready for primetime and should not be released.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”