LCR is down more than it's up

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
travispassey500

Re: LCR is down more than it's up

Post by travispassey500 »

We had issues with it again today. LCR/F not working for us.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The link in this post will explain what to do when LCR Finance is not working.

The spreadsheets in the post by lkpowell seem to work well if you wish to try them while the system is down. They will help you keep a manual record as described in the Help Center checklist, although they are not required if you wish to do it another way.

Earlier posts in this topic, especially by scgallafent, explain a little bit more about the problem.
carlsond

Post by carlsond »

We've consistently had problem entering donations via LCR, so we've mostly been using MLS. That options has been turned off, so now we've been forced to use LCR. Unfortunately, we continue to have problems with it. We had to come back late in the evening last week to complete batch. Yesterday we had the same issue, so we did the manual method and then came back to do it later when it was properly functioning. I sure hope this issue get's resolved soon.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

It's good for all of us to know that (a) we're not alone in experiencing this as a user, and (b) the Church is very aware of the impact this is having on all of us. Granted we'd all like a resolution asap, but I trust they're working full-time-plus on getting this resolved.

One personal piece of advice I'd share, is to not over-stress about coming in during odd hours to complete the donation in LCR. For us it's been quite liberating on Sundays to simply see if LCRF is working, and if not we just do the manual steps and make the deposit, leaving LCRF for the next time we're normally together. And if LCRF isn't working that time, we do the same. I'm quite certain there won't be any pushback for units who don't have donations entered into LCRF every week, because of these ongoing access issues.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

BrianEdwards wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:00 am I'm quite certain there won't be any pushback for units who don't have donations entered into LCRF every week, because of these ongoing access issues.
Well they are pushing back on our ward for a donation batch from last Sunday. We haven't been able to get two of us with finance permissions together when LCRF is working and they sent the bishop, the finance clerk, and the clerk a "friendly" email reminder "to get it done. I called GSD and after a long hold they finally said to do the electronic batch when able and to disregard the "friendly" reminders.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

At least the reminders seem to still be in working order! ;)
standiford

Post by standiford »

In our Branch the LCR problem started on Mar 13 and has occurred on every Sunday since then, except for one. I called the Global help number and they told me it may be a few months until this issue is resolved. Our Branch President is forced to take donations home with him and then return on an evening during the week to process the donations.
itsgavinc

Post by itsgavinc »

standiford wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:40 am In our Branch the LCR problem started on Mar 13 and has occurred on every Sunday since then, except for one. I called the Global help number and they told me it may be a few months until this issue is resolved. Our Branch President is forced to take donations home with him and then return on an evening during the week to process the donations.
Your Branch President should not be taking the donations home. Make him aware of the proper procedure for manually competing the donations if LCR is down. This also alleviates the need for him to return during the week to enter the donations.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

itsgavinc wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:57 am This also alleviates the need for him to return during the week to enter the donations.
Maybe. The donations still have to be entered and processed - requiring two authorized sign-ins. The odds are better if it's done on a day other than Sunday.

But yes, he could stay home if a clerk and a counselor show up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
plott

Post by plott »

I'd love to have an Excel sheet. However, our system administrators are actively blocking installation of any software including OpenOffice or LibreOffice. If that isn't bad enough, if you are successful in getting it installed - they are actively removing it. We had it installed, but when we went to use it the past couple weeks it had been uninstalled by them.

In many ways, it seems that Church IT is actively working to make processing donations as problem prone, as possible. They've removed MLS as an alternative, LCR doesn't work much of the time, they won't allow us to have a Open Source spreadsheet installed, won't provide Microsoft Office Excel, if you were able to get it installed they keep removing it.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”