Deleting Nonmember from Tools/LCR

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
blake.cope

Deleting Nonmember from Tools/LCR

Post by blake.cope »

Hi,
My bishop wants me to delete a nonmember record that is in tools. I am trying to find his record in LCR but the only record I see is that he is married to a member in the ward. There is no other spot (that I can see) to pull up his info to delete his record. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
eblood66

Re: Deleting Nonmember from Tools/LCR

Post by eblood66 »

You need to contact the Global Service Department and ask them to suppress the marriage record in the online Directory and Tools. You can't do it on your own.
blake.cope

Post by blake.cope »

Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

First question - are they still married? If not, then record the divorce. Problem solved.

If they are still married and they simply don't want him showing up in the directory, then you do need to contact GSD as stated by eblood66. However, I have to say that's the opposite of what many people want. With his name removed from the directory, it will appear that the member sister is single. Those with access to the membership record will know she's married, but the general membership will only see her name in the household - just like a single sister.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”