DONATION STUCK IN PROCESSING

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
katrell1

DONATION STUCK IN PROCESSING

Post by katrell1 »

Hello—I made a donation yesterday, and usually I receive notice that it has been recorded by the next day. Not this time. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a backlog in processing? Just wanting to make sure the payment actually goes through before I make another donation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: DONATION STUCK IN PROCESSING

Post by russellhltn »

The church systems have been having a lot of problems lately. I would wait awhile. Maybe even a couple of weeks before deciding this one isn't going to go though.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
katrell1

Post by katrell1 »

Wow—a couple of weeks? I was thinking of just cancelling it. Would that likely work, or just mess things up even more?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

katrell1 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:39 pm Wow—a couple of weeks? I was thinking of just cancelling it. Would that likely work, or just mess things up even more?
I don't know. But when systems are not working as expected, it's sometimes best to make as few changes as possible. I do remember that it sometimes take a few days for things to go though even in normal times. So we're really not that far off just yet. If it's still stuck by the weekend, I'd ask the clerk for help - either to inquire, see what others have been reporting, or get you the contact information to talk to someone at church headquarters.

I am noticing a distinct lack of others reporting the same problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm seeing the same thing with a donation I submitted. I paid tithing on April 8th, and in a separate donation, I paid fast offering on April 11th. Interestingly, the newer donation – April 11th – has gone through, but the older donation – April 8th – is still stuck in "Processing." I was planning to wait another week or so to see if it clears itself up, before sending feedback.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

sbradshaw wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:13 am I'm seeing the same thing with a donation I submitted. I paid tithing on April 8th, and in a separate donation, I paid fast offering on April 11th. Interestingly, the newer donation – April 11th – has gone through, but the older donation – April 8th – is still stuck in "Processing." I was planning to wait another week or so to see if it clears itself up, before sending feedback.
Looks like it just went through, a couple of hours ago.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
katrell1

Post by katrell1 »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:11 pm
katrell1 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:39 pm Wow—a couple of weeks? I was thinking of just cancelling it. Would that likely work, or just mess things up even more?
I don't know. But when systems are not working as expected, it's sometimes best to make as few changes as possible. I do remember that it sometimes take a few days for things to go though even in normal times. So we're really not that far off just yet. If it's still stuck by the weekend, I'd ask the clerk for help - either to inquire, see what others have been reporting, or get you the contact information to talk to someone at church headquarters.

I am noticing a distinct lack of others reporting the same problem.
It went through today. Thank you for the response, though. At least now I’ll know the protocol in case I have problems with future donations. I’ve seen others on FB saying they have had issues recently with the donation service saying it was unavailable. Hopefully things will smooth out soon. Thanks again!

Return to “Online Donations”