Member Tool Services Unavailable

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
bhambelton

Member Tool Services Unavailable

Post by bhambelton »

My wife's Tools App wlll not sync. She is constantly getting "Member Tool Services Unavailable try again later". Her last documented update of data was March 24, 2022. How do I help her sync her tools app? She is in the Relief Society Presidency and needs updated data. Thanks
Ben Hambelton
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Member Tool Services Unavailable

Post by sbradshaw »

She could try signing out of the app, then signing back in. If that doesn't work, you might need to delete and reinstall the app.
Also, if you're not already, I would recommend trying to sync on a day other than Sunday (since Church systems sometimes get overwhelmed on Sundays).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
camilynncottam

Post by camilynncottam »

I have been trying to update my member tools and whenever I enter the password it says incorrect. I have deleted and reinstalled app on my IOS
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

I just started getting invalid username/password messages, so I came here looking for understanding.

Combining this thread with current and past experiences, I suspect that Tools access is broken due to what seems to be ongoing fixes to main Church IT systems.

One Tools access temporary workaround would be have Leaders login directly to Leader and Clerk Resources for essential data.

I haven't checked with Global Services on this, but have seen what appears to be consequences of fixes/updates for at least a few weeks now. An example is the recent temporary (maybe 3 or 4 weeks) inability of clerks to submit quarterly reports. Another project I stumbled across is replacement of the Senior Service Missionary System, which may be complete in June or July. Our SSMS workaround was to let area coordinators develop a new application, because general access is blocked.

Informing Global Services of broken Tools access might help things along. However, LCR still seems to work well enough, though navigation is different than Tools.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jpjones~ogr wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:47 pm I just started getting invalid username/password messages, so I came here looking for understanding.
I just did a sync of Tools and it worked fine for me. But then I'm more like a rank-and-file member than a leader. I don't have access to the special stuff.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:22 pm I don't have access to the special stuff.
I do have access to some of it, and I have not had any trouble with Member Tools during all of this time. I have never tried to update it on a Sunday, however.
Cashcab

Post by Cashcab »

I have tried fir 6 months to get member tools to work. It says unavailable. I've changed password. Deleted and reinstalled, rebooted,cleared cache. Nothing works. Will someone help. It works fine on my la.
Last edited by Cashcab on Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Cashcab wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:15 pm I have tried fir 6 months to get member tools to work. It says unavailable. I've changed password. Deleted and reinstalled, rebooted,cleared cache. Nothing works. Will someone help. It works fine on my la.
For starters make sure your account is connected to your membership record. The account you're using to access the forum doesn't have an MRN attached.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SowetoMag

Post by SowetoMag »

Hello everyone

I just downloaded member tools I can't login says member tools unavailable. I tried uninstall the app and reinstall but nothing happens. All passwords are correct but still I can't login.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Hello ! and Welcome to the Forum !

Currently, Church servers (that support Tools app' functions and features) may be operating poorly or undergoing maintenance. For maybe 10 days I've been unsuccessful in completing a unit expense record, and yesterday the glitch seemed to have worsened. If this guess is somewhat accurate I recommend trying to login to Tools once a day for maybe a week or two, and if you're still unsuccessful then reach out to Global Services. Or you could reach out to to them right away, and if they're not aware of a related problem then reporting symptoms should trigger repair efforts.

Return to “Member Tools”