Unable to make donation after ward change

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
donhorn20

Unable to make donation after ward change

Post by donhorn20 »

Have been paying my tithing online for a few years. Our ward was dissolved and combined into another one. Ever since this I have been unable to make a donation. Matter of fact, when I click donations section I don't even see the donation slips as an option. I just see
- Donation History
- Donation Statement
- Settings
- Help

I've tried to add my account information via the "Settings" > "Add Reimbursement Account", but that errors out when I place in the routing number. When I read the help topics it states I should be able to add my bank account information in the donations sections, but there is no where for me to do this. Is it possible I am still linked to some old ward information (El Nopal). Our new ward name is (Santee Ward). I have asked my ward clerk to investigate but they are having the same issue. Please help or point me in the right direction of where I need to go to resolve being able to pay online.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to make donation after ward change

Post by russellhltn »

How long ago was this done? It can take a week or two for things to settle out.

The main thing is to verify your records are in the new ward and not in limbo.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
donhorn20

Post by donhorn20 »

The transition was done last summer. I tried to pay tithing in December and encountered this. Ended up writing a check instead. According to the clerk and everything else online, my records are accurate. All other information like my calling information and donation history are correct. I just can't make a donation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try emailing onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org. That's usually the email for people who are expatriates living in a different country but still do banking and donations from their home country. But I'd think they'd be a good starting point for this problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
donhorn20

Post by donhorn20 »

Ok I will give them a shot. Thank you

Return to “Online Donations”