Church Network Manager

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
lajackson
Community Moderators

Church Network Manager

Post by lajackson »

Now that Church Network Manager is up and running, I have noticed one thing that seems more difficult to do, unless I am missing something.

Using the old Technology Manager dashboard, it was very easy to scroll through the list of facilities and immediately determine if all of the firewalls were online. With the new Church Network Manager, you have to click on each individual facility and then look for the little green check mark on each one of them.

That is a lot of extra clicking, it seems to me.
swigginton

Re: Church Network Manager

Post by swigginton »

lajackson wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:30 am With the new Church Network Manager, you have to click on each individual facility and then look for the little green check mark on each one of them.
Yeah, it seems more like a top-level menu than a "dashboard".
One of our buildings is now missing from the CNM. We share a building with another stake and occasionally disable Liahona for meetings. I need to figure out how to get that meetinghouse added.
cwcahoon

Post by cwcahoon »

swigginton wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:13 am
lajackson wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:30 am With the new Church Network Manager, you have to click on each individual facility and then look for the little green check mark on each one of them.
One of our buildings is now missing from the CNM. We share a building with another stake and occasionally disable Liahona for meetings. I need to figure out how to get that meetinghouse added.
I have this same problem. Stake center is borrowed from another Stake that wasn’t using it as a Stake center. I asked my FM manager and he was not able to help me. Please let me know if you find a solution.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

swigginton wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:13 am
Have you tried adding the firewall with the “Add Temporary Property” option? I’ve no idea if this will work, but worth a try.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:24 am Have you tried adding the firewall with the “Add Temporary Property” option? I’ve no idea if this will work, but worth a try.
That has the potential of messing things up by re-assigning the firewall to a new property.

My sources tell me a fix will be coming within a week. So, for now, I'd wait a week.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

russellhltn wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:37 pm My sources tell me a fix will be coming within a week. So, for now, I'd wait a week.
That fix is now in place. I'm seeing the shared building. It shows up as a "Non Agent Property", but I have visibility to everything and can manage the Liahona and Lehi networks in that facility.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Cool! Glad that worked.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cwcahoon

Post by cwcahoon »

swigginton wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:54 am
russellhltn wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:37 pm My sources tell me a fix will be coming within a week. So, for now, I'd wait a week.
That fix is now in place. I'm seeing the shared building. It shows up as a "Non Agent Property", but I have visibility to everything and can manage the Liahona and Lehi networks in that facility.
Unfortunately it looks like all they did was add properties where a ward from your Stake is currently meeting. This does not solve my problem because none of the wards in my Stake meet in our Stake center. Looks like I’m calling Salt Lake tomorrow…
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cwcahoon wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:56 pm Unfortunately it looks like all they did was add properties where a ward from your Stake is currently meeting. This does not solve my problem because none of the wards in my Stake meet in our Stake center. Looks like I’m calling Salt Lake tomorrow…
I've been told that another update will push out early next week. That should solve your problem.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”