when opening temple recommends in reports app closes

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
richardmacbeth

when opening temple recommends in reports app closes

Post by richardmacbeth »

I have a bishopric member that has a Moto G firmware 4.14.180-perf+ #1 Mon Jan 31 running Android 11 with the tools app at 4.6.0. All other tool functions work except the Temple recommends in reports when selected it will close the app. Everything was working a week ago and no changes to the phone since then.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: when opening temple recommends in reports app closes

Post by lajackson »

richardmacbeth wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:55 am Everything was working a week ago and no changes to the phone since then.
I would suggest that he send Feedback through the app to find out if there has been an app update and to let the developers know that there is a problem.
richardmacbeth

Post by richardmacbeth »

He has done that and has not heard back from anyone yet so he reach out to me for help since I am the STS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Has he tried syncing? Perhaps he has a corrupt download.

I think on the iPhone side, some people have had problems they have to log out/log back in to fix. Might be worth a try.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
richardmacbeth

Post by richardmacbeth »

He has done that including deleting the app and reinstalling it along with rebooting his phone He is also tried with his older phone and gets the same error with that phone. My feeling is it might be a backend issue since all other functions with member tools work. I told him to call support tomorrow
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

richardmacbeth wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:12 pm My feeling is it might be a backend issue since all other functions with member tools work.
Possible. When was he trying to sync? That particular service might have been unavailable for several hours.

I was wondering if there was some oddity in the data. Anyone else using Android with access to that data having problems? However, the only "oddity" I can think of is if one of the recommends was stolen/revoked/canceled. The degrees of freedom in a temple recommend are limited. Another possibly "oddity" is someone who has a recommend but is not endowed as they haven't gone to the temple yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
richardmacbeth

Post by richardmacbeth »

As far as data, he didn't get that far, the app would immediately close when he tried to open up the Temple recommend report
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

richardmacbeth wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:19 am As far as data, he didn't get that far, the app would immediately close when he tried to open up the Temple recommend report
Which is what I'd expect if the temple recommend data contained information that completely confused the app.

richardmacbeth

Post by richardmacbeth »

Thanks for the clarification support findly got back to him by email so far it has not resolved I will update when they find a fix
richardmacbeth

Post by richardmacbeth »

Just found out that his Bishop who has an iPhone can view the Temple data without any problems. I had him check with one of the counselors that have an Android phone and it fails for him also. So this must be an Android app issue

Return to “Android Member Tools App”