Issue with sign in to Member Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
kathrynwalker2

Issue with sign in to Member Tools

Post by kathrynwalker2 »

I am an Administrative Assistant in CES and am VERY familiar with Church accounts.
The apps Member Tools and Get Involved are not allowing me to sign in with my username and password. I am using an iPadPro IOS 15.5.1.
Username is kathrynwalker2.
Since I was unable to sync, I logged out and tried to log back in. [Member Tools]
Unsuccessful.
Re downloaded the app and tried to login again.
Unsuccessful.
Tried the need help to log in. Logged in successfully to website. (Same username and password)
Still unable to login to app.

I am able to login to every other system that I have tried. I considered logging out of my Gospel Library to test if it effects other apps, but I was not willing to risk it.

Is this a known issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Issue with sign in to Member Tools

Post by russellhltn »

Does your password contain anything other than letters and numbers? Other things might not get encoded properly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kathrynwalker2 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:34 pm The apps Member Tools and Get Involved are not allowing me to sign in with my username and password.
In case it's helpful, the Get Involved app requires signing in with your FamilySearch account. FamilySearch accounts used to be connected to Church Accounts, but they're not connected anymore (for example, if you change the password of your Church Account, your FamilySearch account password will not change).

For Member Tools – are you able to access ward-specific tools when you sign in on the Church website – for example, the online ward/stake directory?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kathrynwalker2

Post by kathrynwalker2 »

Thanks for the info on Family Search. I wondered if that was the issue.
As for accessing ward specific tools. Yes. I was able to access everything through the website even when the app would not work.

However, it’s all moot now as the app now recognizes my sign in. If something was done to fix it, THANKS.
If it fixed on it’s own, sorry, that doesn’t help problem solve, but it certainly helps me. :-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've found in the past that it can take time for a new password to get to all the systems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
canderso

Post by canderso »

I changed my password 2 weeks ago. It worked on the church website instantly. Are there different password rules for the website than for the mobile app? The password is 33 characters long and has upper/lower case letters, numbers, and symbols
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

canderso wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:22 pm I changed my password 2 weeks ago. It worked on the church website instantly. Are there different password rules for the website than for the mobile app? The password is 33 characters long and has upper/lower case letters, numbers, and symbols
Earlier in this thread (and in other threads) it has been reported that the mobile app doesn't play well with special characters. You should use numbers and letters only.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

davesudweeks wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:28 pm
canderso wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:22 pm I changed my password 2 weeks ago. It worked on the church website instantly. Are there different password rules for the website than for the mobile app? The password is 33 characters long and has upper/lower case letters, numbers, and symbols
Earlier in this thread (and in other threads) it has been reported that the mobile app doesn't play well with special characters. You should use numbers and letters only.
This shouldn't be the case anymore – the mobile apps should work with any valid Church Account password.

Is it the Member Tools mobile app you're having trouble signing in to? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling Member Tools?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe I was the one who hypothesized that special characters may not get encoded properly. It was just a guess since only some people had the issue. I think it's wise to avoid special characters as there's always a possibility it something strange may happen and not get caught in the testing process.

The question I have is if the same account works ok with the same information online. If the account isn't associated with your MRN, or your records are currently "between wards", I wouldn't expect Member Tools to work properly. You'd still be able to log into the website, but wouldn't have access to Ward Directory and Map.

cwilliamson

Post by cwilliamson »

I can log into my account at LDS.org; but when I attempt to sign in on the Gisoel Luving app, the error says invalid password. The passwords match.

Return to “Member Tools”