Issue with sign in to Member Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
dgeens

Re: Issue with sign in to Member Tools

Post by dgeens »

Same problem. Has it something to do with 2 step verification?
dcadams17

Post by dcadams17 »

I can no longer login after adding two step verification. Works fine in a web browser. Any idea what step I should take?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

dcadams17 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:34 pm I can no longer login after adding two step verification. Works fine in a web browser. Any idea what step I should take?
Are you trying to use the "Security Key or Built-in Authenticator" verification option? If so, see this thread: 2-step verification
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
darin.kotter

Post by darin.kotter »

Not sure if I should open a new thread but figured I’d first just jump in on this one.

I’ve had a member in our ward (who is also the Stake Patriarch) reach out to me with problems getting signed in to the Member Tools app. They can sign in just fine through the website.

They’ve talked to the church’s IT support team multiple times but have not had any luck figuring things out. They’ve tried all the normal things:
* Changed their password multiple times, ensuring they don’t have any special characters
* Deleting and re-installing the app multiple times
* Ensuring they have 2-step verification turned off

Just wondering if there’s any other things that they can try, as I’m unsure what to try next? Or any way to escalate this with the church’s support team to try and get some better help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If he's talked to the Global Service Desk, then that's the support line.

A couple of thoughts: When you say he can sign into the website, is he able to get into member-only areas, like directory, calendar, or something related to his calling? Keep in mind that non-members can also have a login. If the MRN is missing from his account, or it's the wrong MRN (perhaps he has a duplicate record?) that would cause problems.

What version of Member Tools is installing? I'm wondering if he has an old phone and the app store is installing an outdated version of tools that is no longer supported.

I'd also check for any security apps that might block the apps ability to communicate with church servers. Perhaps have someone else try their login on his phone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonescd519@gmail.com

Post by jonescd519@gmail.com »

While I have no trouble signing in on my computer, I'm having the same problem on my iphone using the latest IOS version. I kept getting a pop up message on Member Tools telling me I needed to sync, but the app would never sync. So I then tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Now I can't log in. My password does not have just letter and numbers.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jonescd519@gmail.com wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:30 pm My password does not have just letter and numbers.
That has been identified as a past issue in other threads. The mobile app doesn't play well with special characters. Try to avoid using special characters.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jadynke

Post by jadynke »

So everything is correct like login and passwords and all of that. And it loads that I am signing in. But it automatically kicks me out and says “Members Tools not Available” but everyone else around me can still log in just fine. I’m not sure what the issue is and I’ve tried everything like deleting the app and redownload it again. That didn’t work. Reset password, waited a bit and tried that, didn’t work. My members information is there and everything when everyone searches me up but somehow I just can’t access it. Any help or advice would be very helpful!
jhodgedmd

Post by jhodgedmd »

When I open the app in my iPhone I am taken to the more section. At the top where my account info and picture should be there is a blank head. I am unable to sign in. The app will open but nothing works. Any ideas? I have deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times as well as making sure my phone is up to date and I have restarted my phone. I have no issues with logging in online. Please help.
Pinkcakeplate

Post by Pinkcakeplate »

I am having the same issue

Return to “Member Tools”