Ward Member Audit Exceptions

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
NickGrusha

Ward Member Audit Exceptions

Post by NickGrusha »

Hello,

I have 26 exceptions to the audit report and it concerns every leadership position in our ward. the following is a sample.

The calling for the Bishop position needs to be changed.
The calling for the Ward Clerk position needs to be changed.
This is for EVERY leadership calling.

I assure you the Bishop is correct as are all of the other callings. I have contacted my stake clerk and his asst but no one has an idea on how to resolve this. What do I need to do to fix this? Please advise.
garystroble

Re: Ward Member Audit Exceptions

Post by garystroble »

NickGrusha wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:09 pm Hello,

I have 26 exceptions to the audit report and it concerns every leadership position in our ward. the following is a sample.

The calling for the Bishop position needs to be changed.
The calling for the Ward Clerk position needs to be changed.
This is for EVERY leadership calling.

I assure you the Bishop is correct as are all of the other callings. I have contacted my stake clerk and his asst but no one has an idea on how to resolve this. What do I need to do to fix this? Please advise.
Are you referring to the financial audit or the membership audit?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

If callings are wrong in the ward, they need to be changed in LCR. However, the bishop calling needs to be done by the Stake Clerk. Callings that involve financial responsibilities in the bishopric and clerks need to be authorized by two current financial persons, this could get dicey if everyone is wrong. What you describe is hard to believe that 26 callings in your ward are wrong, although I suppose anything is possible.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

It's been a while since I did a membership audit but I believe it just shows the auditor the list of leadership positions and asks if they are correct. It sounds like whoever did the audit incorrectly hit 'no' on every position rather than 'yes'. I believe the solution is to just do the audit again and answer correctly. But others who have done an audit more recently may have better information.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

eblood66 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:01 pm It's been a while since I did a membership audit but I believe it just shows the auditor the list of leadership positions and asks if they are correct. It sounds like whoever did the audit incorrectly hit 'no' on every position rather than 'yes'. I believe the solution is to just do the audit again and answer correctly. But others who have done an audit more recently may have better information.
Yes, this explanation makes sense to me as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As far as I know, the audit has no way of knowing what is correct. It simply asks a number of questions and all exceptions are based on discrepancies between the answers and the records. However, frequently the records are correct and it's the person doing that audit that's wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

The prompt in the Membership audit is
Check the box next to any calling that needs a member added or changed.
so if the positions are correct the boxes should NOT be checked
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

kd7mha wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:21 pm The prompt in the Membership audit is
Check the box next to any calling that needs a member added or changed.
so if the positions are correct the boxes should NOT be checked
And therein lies a possibility for misunderstanding. In most forms, you check the box if it is right (for example, you check members who are present on the roll and leave the box blank if they are not present). But on this form you check the box if something is wrong. It is an easy mistake to make when the form is backwards to the way most forms are constructed. The form has been this way for years and I always wondered when I was clerk why it wasn't made less error prone.

Return to “Reports and Forms”