Booking Temple Appointments (limited number of temples)

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
DavidC84

Booking Temple Appointments (limited number of temples)

Post by DavidC84 »

Hello brothers and sisters,

I am having issues booking temple appointments, because my account only offers me a very limited number of temples.

My closest temple is in Montreal, Quebec Canada. While I can book appointments at this temple, only temples in South America are offered as an alternative. (see attached screenshot). The problem occurs using the website AND the App.

For example, I cannot book appointments at the Toronto temple, which is way closer than Guatemala.

I am soon traveling to Illinois and Utah. I would like to know how I can fix this issue, so that I can book appointments at some of the temples in these areas.

Thank you for your help and hard work!
Attachments
temples-app.jpg
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Booking Temple Appointments (limited number of temples)

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest sending feedback via the link at the bottom of each church webpage. That will insure the problem gets in front of the right people. It may or may not in the forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you start typing the name of a nearby temple in the search box, does it show other temples?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
DavidC84

Post by DavidC84 »

No sadly, it does not show any additional temples even if I type their names.

I've already try : clearing my cache and browsing history, using a different browser, using a different computer and connecting myself to a different Wi-Fi network. No success.

I communicated with the church's tech support and haven't heard back yet.

David
mevans

Post by mevans »

I see a long list of temples when I try the tool. My only guess is if there are limits due to the COVID situation in your area (and there's a bug that's letting you see places like Guatemala). Do other members in your ward/stake also see a limited list? If so, it might be due to your area presidency's COVID policy.

I believe you can also call temples and make appointments over the phone (which, depending on your calling plan/device could be a more expensive international phone call for you). That might be a quicker way to get your reservation than waiting for the church to fix something.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Some temples are starting to allow walk-in visits again (but you may need to call the specific temple to check the status):
Adjustment to Temple Scheduling, 3 June 2022
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
reill

Post by reill »

I can confirm that both my wife and I, and our adult son who lives separately from us, all have this same issue. We're all in the Montreal Temple district and can only book in five temples online; Montreal and some in Colombia, Guatemala, and Costa Rica. It makes no sense at all. We have no notable COVID restrictions; previously we had to show proof of vaccination due to provincial health requirements, but even that was lifted a number of months ago.

I submitted a message using feedback last week but have not heard back from them.

We've had to call around to a number of temples through the eastern US that we're planning on attending during a road trip next month, ask for schedules and now that we're finalizing the "when", we have to start calling them all back to book appointments by phone. It's been quite tedious.
mevans

Post by mevans »

You might try checking with the temple office at the Montreal temple. They work with the temple department and might have a clue (or might be able to inquire of the temple department) about this situation. The people in the office might have a more direct relationship with the temple department to figure out such oddities.
misionafafai@gmail.com

Post by misionafafai@gmail.com »

We need the appointment for my family endowment and sealing my family please at 6 of April next months
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

misionafafai@gmail.com wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:23 pm We need the appointment for my family endowment and sealing my family please at 6 of April next months
For any temple ordinances involving living persons please call the temple you will be going to directly and speak to them to make the appointment.

Return to “Main Church Website”