Copy function on Come Follow Me and Scriptures

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
reneecondie

Copy function on Come Follow Me and Scriptures

Post by reneecondie »

We teach gospel doctrine using a PowerPoint. In the past, we have copied material from Come Follow Me and the Scriptures. Something has changed and we can no longer copy material by highlighting it and right clicking on it. There is now a circle with three horizontal dots in it on the page. This seems to be preventing us from using the copy function. Does anyone know how to get around this? This problem seems to be on all the content on LDS.org, including conference talks. When we highlight the text we want, the highlight disappears before we can mark copy. A blue quote symbol pops up momentarily.
reneecondie

Re: Copy function on Come Follow Me and Scriptures

Post by reneecondie »

We found out that if we updated Chrome we could copy. We still can't with Firefox. Maybe this will help someone else out.
lynnesshawkes

Post by lynnesshawkes »

having the same problem on Firefox, but if I use keyboard controls (Crtl+C) fast enough after highlighting, I can get it
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lynnesshawkes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:12 pm having the same problem on Firefox, but if I use keyboard controls (Crtl+C) fast enough after highlighting, I can get it
I'm not currently having the selection problem on the Church website, but sometimes when a website hijacks text selection, I've been able to get around it by using the keyboard shortcut for copy before letting go of the mouse. So, mouse-down, drag to select, copy, mouse-up.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”