Main page content only there for a few seconds

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
ryanhuber

Main page content only there for a few seconds

Post by ryanhuber »

When I visit churchofjesuschrist.org, I see recent content show up for a second or two before the page is updated to only show other content (seems more like what I would expect at comeuntochrist.org, but it isn't the same as what is shown there). Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?
left side is only shown for a few seconds before it changes to the right side
left side is only shown for a few seconds before it changes to the right side
clavin

Re: Main page content only there for a few seconds

Post by clavin »

I also see the same behavior for at least the past week. I am also interested in knowing the solution.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

There's a small chance that clearing your browser's cache and deleting relevant cookies might solve the symptoms. If you have other browsers or devices available to try, do they show the same symptoms?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:14 am There's a small chance that clearing your browser's cache and deleting relevant cookies might solve the symptoms. If you have other browsers or devices available to try, do they show the same symptoms?
I’ve just tried this, using incognito mode in the Chrome browser, with the same results. I’ve also cleared all cookies, history etc. same results. This behaviour is happening in Windows 10 and also an iOS environment.
However in Firefox normal service resumed. At the moment it appears to be a Chrome browser issue. Confused I am. :shock:
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Along with deleting cookies and history, did you also clear the browser's cache? If the browser has some corrupted content for an HTML, JS, CSS, or other file, it will continue showing the damaged page.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:57 am Along with deleting cookies and history, did you also clear the browser's cache? If the browser has some corrupted content for an HTML, JS, CSS, or other file, it will continue showing the damaged page.
Yes I cleared the browser cache, cookies, history etc. This was on a brand new clerk computer I’m preparing to deploy this week. As I mentioned Firefox doesn’t have the issue!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I find if I press ESC immediately after the first page load, it stops there. I've been fighting this issue with clerksupport page for months now. I find the "replacement" page to be less useful then the older one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've been seeing this behavior, too, but for me it's inconsistent. Sometimes it switches to the other page and sometimes it doesn't.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Another data point: I have not ever seen this until just the past few days. If I log into a private browsing window, it brings up the correct page content. However, once I log into my account (in the private browsing window), either immediately or eventually after clicking through a lot of different pages, the main page will switch. Sounds like it's not a repeatable scenario by all users... :roll:

As noted by others, an interesting aspect is that the correct "member" content is always initially displayed, and then something tells it to switch to this "public" content. Hitting <esc> to stop the switching doesn't work for me, either.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrianEdwards wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:03 am Hitting <esc> to stop the switching doesn't work for me, either.
You gotta be fast. You may not want to wait for the first page to fully load. This is in Chrome. I don't know if it works in other browsers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”