Zoom 2FA

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
drepouille

Zoom 2FA

Post by drepouille »

Our stake issued two laptops to our ward for Zoom meetings, and we switch back and forth between them. The STS created our child Gmail account as the owner of our ward Zoom account. Recently, Zoom has been asking for two-factor authentication by sending a passcode to the child Gmail account, to which we do not have access. Since the passcode has a limited lifetime, it is difficult for me to contact the STS in time for him to check Gmail and send the passcode to me.

I wonder if there is a better way we can do this. Zoom assumes that I own the Zoom account as well as the Gmail account, but I do not.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Biggles

Re: Zoom 2FA

Post by Biggles »

In mid May, we had this issue. Long story short, zoom had implemented 2FA, which because the logins are used by many different people caused the problem you are now experiencing. The church asked zoom to remove the 2FA for all the church zoom accounts. However it now appears that random zoom accounts are experiencing this issue. I’m dealing with this issue for one of the wards in my Stake. Once you have regained control of the account. Go to the Profile tab and turn off 2FA situated near the bottom of the page.
drepouille

Re: Zoom 2FA

Post by drepouille »

Our Zoom account profile says: "Two-factor Authentication Turned off"

I added my personal mobile phone number to the profile, hoping Zoom will send future passcodes to my phone, rather than to the Gmail account that I cannot access.

Under Settings --> Security, I see that the following option is "Locked by admin":

Require a passcode when scheduling new meetings
A passcode will be generated when scheduling a meeting and participants require the passcode to join the meeting. The Personal Meeting ID (PMI) meetings are not included.

Locked by admin

Require a passcode for meetings which have already been scheduled
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”