NEW LDS ACCOUNT FOR NONMEMBER

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Lizliz4rd

NEW LDS ACCOUNT FOR NONMEMBER

Post by Lizliz4rd »

Hello,

I am trying to create an LDS account for a nonmember youth in my ward. The LDS website is not giving the usual nonmember option it gives me and is now asking me for a MRN. It wasn't asking for this on Sunday, June 12th. HELP!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: NEW LDS ACCOUNT FOR NONMEMBER

Post by russellhltn »

The first question I have is what do you expect to do with this account? A non-member is not going to have access to things like Ward Directory and Calendar. While non-member access has been promised for Circles, I don't think it's available yet.

I think about all a non-member can do is use it for scripture study and FamilySearch.

That said, you should be able to create a non-member account, but it might depend on what link you're following to get there. If it's from a member-only login, that might be the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Lizliz4rd

Post by Lizliz4rd »

A youth in my ward is trying to register for the For Strength of Youth Conference. This is the only way to register them. They need to create an account, then the Bishop must approve them. And then they can register for the conference on the FSY website, However, the very first step is to create an LDS account. I am on the LDS.org website right now. I am going to the top right-hand corner and clicking sign in. and then clicking, "don't have an account? sign up" the blue bottom. Then on the 3rd step, it's not letting us move forward unless we prove a membership record number. this wasn't the case on Sunday, however, the church website was down on Sunday. I am getting frustrated. ahhhhh! They need to sign up within the deadline. :(
Lizliz4rd

Post by Lizliz4rd »

I tried following another link and no luck - try for yourself - you will see exactly what I mean. It's super bizarre. The church website has never done this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. You'll need to ask your ward clerk to call support. Inquire if this a deliberate change, and if so, how a non-member registers for the FSY conference since it specifically says "invite non-members".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SavioSeth

Post by SavioSeth »

Hopefully you got it working. From the resources I have, the link to create a church account is: https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org ... r?lang=eng
landcruizer6

Post by landcruizer6 »

I have a similar situation. The difference is that we have a nonmember family member that is going to pay a portion of one of our member's monthly mission fees. I was told to have that nonmember create an account and they'd be able to give a donation to our wards missionary fund. Is that true?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

landcruizer6 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:02 am I was told to have that nonmember create an account and they'd be able to give a donation to our wards missionary fund. Is that true?
Surprisingly, yes. They will need to select "Ward Missionary" then "Missionary in Other Ward or Branch" and supply the unit number.

landcruizer6

Post by landcruizer6 »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:04 am
landcruizer6 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:02 am I was told to have that nonmember create an account and they'd be able to give a donation to our wards missionary fund. Is that true?
Surprisingly, yes. They will need to select "Ward Missionary" then "Missionary in Other Ward or Branch" and supply the unit number.
THANK YOU!!

Return to “Church Account”