Not Receiving Email

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
caillines

Re: Not Receiving Email

Post by caillines »

Nothing official as far as I'm aware. There hasn't even been an official email to leaders saying that this has been a problem though, so I'm not expecting many updates.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How/what program are you using to send emails? If you're doing it from your email's web page, that should be fine. But if you use a different program, there's a possibility the outgoing message is getting routed though a different server, or even sending direct. Emails that arrive from a source other than the server that handles that domain is likely to be rejected. For example, if the message claims to be from gmail, but the message arrives from a source that's not part of gmail, it will be rejected.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
philbofm

Post by philbofm »

ssjjwag wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:37 am I have been having this same issue. Started last week. When I send out an email to the RS sisters I am no longer receiving the email myself nor the confirmation email that it has been sent. Spoke to one of our ward clerks and he realized he hasn't been receiving the confirmation emails either. Any help out there? I submitted feedback on the webpage but no response from Church headquarters.
I am a recently called 2nd councilor in the EQ and started sending emails using the LCR tool. I am experiencing the exact same problem as described above. When I was only receiving these types of emails from the past EQ presidency, I got them just fine. Now that I send them, I don't receive them nor the confirmation email. Previous sender of our EQ messages never had this problem. Rather frustrating and I would like to find the solution so I can see these again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

philbofm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:00 pm I am a recently called 2nd councilor in the EQ and started sending emails using the LCR tool. I am experiencing the exact same problem as described above. When I was only receiving these types of emails from the past EQ presidency, I got them just fine. Now that I send them, I don't receive them nor the confirmation email. Previous sender of our EQ messages never had this problem. Rather frustrating and I would like to find the solution so I can see these again.
How many weeks ago was this transition? There's a known issue with people with yahoo email addresses not receiving church emails. I'm wondering if that's what you're experiencing, or if the sender's email address matters.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zoolakis

Post by zoolakis »

We are having the same issue. Several emails sent through the Send a Message app in LCR have not reached many in our ward, me included. I've checked to ensure my email address is correct and that nothing in the system is blocked. I used to receive all the emails and haven't changed anything. We spoke about this in priesthood meeting and ward council. the number of people blocked recently has significantly increased.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Latest update that we have is that it's being worked on, but there's isn't a lot the church itself can do about it https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... 67#p235767
REPARGET

Post by REPARGET »

I am experiencing the same problem…I have not been receiving email from church group email for about 2 months. I am a member of the RS Presidency and this has become a big problem with not receiving emails from ward/stake notifications!

Please please church IT fox this!!

My email is yahoo but I see this is a problem with a few more email services.

Return to “Main Church Website”