Not Receiving Email

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
macman

Not Receiving Email

Post by macman »

Greetings!! I wonder if someone could help me figure out a problem I'm experiencing. I am not receiving any email that is sent through LCR. I have checked my personal email settings and there is nothing amiss concerning the receiving of these emails (i.e. blocked accounts). I am unable to receive anything from the Stake or ward for some reason. I do not have my email set to a privacy setting that would state that I do not wish to receive communication. To me, this information is very vital and I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. Any help would be amazing!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not Receiving Email

Post by russellhltn »

A number of others have reported issues with gmail. I've not experienced that myself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
miglet

Post by miglet »

It’s a rampant problem in our ward and stake right now as if some update somewhere turned church e-mail into spam that won’t download—except that it’s not in spam nor promotions, etc. We made it through our boundary change and have not received anything since. It’s on yahoo, Verizon, and gmail.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I don't believe it is a rampant problem in our ward. The last message I sent (Friday last week) had 2 undelivered and both are likely bad email addresses based on the recipients (both were Gmail addresses). But then again, our ward doesn't send many messages via the Send A Message tool to my knowledge. I do email blasts only rarely (probably only a few times per year) as the EQP. We tend to do more frequent communication via posts on our ward Facebook page.
ssjjwag

Post by ssjjwag »

I have been having this same issue. Started last week. When I send out an email to the RS sisters I am no longer receiving the email myself nor the confirmation email that it has been sent. Spoke to one of our ward clerks and he realized he hasn't been receiving the confirmation emails either. Any help out there? I submitted feedback on the webpage but no response from Church headquarters.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Not a lot we can do as users. You could copy the emails addresses and send it manually using your own email client (make sure you use BCC/blind carbon copy for privacy). But otherwise it's try again later.
sdgrange

Post by sdgrange »

We are having the same problem in our ward. I send out the Ward Bulletin and some people are getting it and some aren't. And it was working fine before.
Does anyone in charge read or respond to these emails? I have searched the site and cannot find a phone number to call.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sdgrange wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:52 am Does anyone in charge read or respond to these emails?
I don't know what emails you are referring to; but if you meant if they read the posts in the forum, then the answer is no. The forum is user-to-user help, support, and discussion. As such, we try to help each other with solutions and workarounds that are in our personal and collective control or expertise. The people who manage the websites, programs, and tools do not normally visit the forums.
sdgrange wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:52 amI have searched the site and cannot find a phone number to call.
Support for church web services is by way of a feedback link found at the bottom of most church web pages in the footer. Due to the high volume of feedback there is usually only an automated response to your feedback. But we have been assured the feedback is routed to the person, team, office, department, committee, council, and the like, for review and consideration. Unit leaders with Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) access can also start a 'ticket' through a Help Center reporting feature called Create a Case at the Contact Us link. For some issues unit leaders can call the Global Services Department (GSD) for technical assistance. For the issue discussed in this and similar threads, I doubt the help desk technicians would be able to provide any assistance and they would most likely recommend submitting feedback through the feedback link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

jdlessley wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:27 pm
sdgrange wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:52 am Does anyone in charge read or respond to these emails?
I don't know what emails you are referring to; but if you meant if they read the posts in the forum, then the answer is no. The forum is user-to-user help, support, and discussion. As such, we try to help each other with solutions and workarounds that are in our personal and collective control or expertise. The people who manage the websites, programs, and tools do not normally visit the forums.
sdgrange wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:52 amI have searched the site and cannot find a phone number to call.
Support for church web services is by way of a feedback link found at the bottom of most church web pages in the footer. Due to the high volume of feedback there is usually only an automated response to your feedback. But we have been assured the feedback is routed to the person, team, office, department, committee, council, and the like, for review and consideration. Unit leaders with Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) access can also start a 'ticket' through a Help Center reporting feature called Create a Case at the Contact Us link. For some issues unit leaders can call the Global Services Department (GSD) for technical assistance. For the issue discussed in this and similar threads, I doubt the help desk technicians would be able to provide any assistance and they would most likely recommend submitting feedback through the feedback link.
In actuality, not all feedback submissions get any kind of a response, automated or not. I did get a response to one today which said that the purpose of feedback was to improve the site, not to deal with specific issues, and to call the GSD to follow up, which I did. So, if we think here that feedback solves specific problems, that is not the case.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:21 pm In actuality, not all feedback submissions get any kind of a response, automated or not. I did get a response to one today which said that the purpose of feedback was to improve the site, not to deal with specific issues, and to call the GSD to follow up, which I did. So, if we think here that feedback solves specific problems, that is not the case.
It varies with the issue. I have had many specific issues resolved over the years by using the Feedback link. But it depends on the link. Many of them are only intended for site improvement.

Return to “Main Church Website”