MLS 3.1.1 Released

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Alan_Brown wrote:In a twist on that scenario, I had done a full install of MLS 3.1.1 on our stake computer, but last night when I did a Send/Receive I still got the popup message saying that MLS 3.1.1 would be installed. As near as I could tell, no software was downloaded, and I certainly wasn't instructed to reboot, but the message was pointless and somewhat confusing.

UPDATE: Upon further review, it appears that you did already report this behavior as well:
The pop up will check all MLS modules to see if they are all patched. If they are not, they will get the pop up. That is why murraymk may have had to do multiple send/receives. It should work the first time, so I'm not sure why it would take multiple connections. You can check your module versions under help and about in MLS.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

DJC wrote:The pop up will check all MLS modules to see if they are all patched. If they are not, they will get the pop up. That is why murraymk may have had to do multiple send/receives. It should work the first time, so I'm not sure why it would take multiple connections. You can check your module versions under help and about in MLS.
I had thought about posting those. I will post them tonight when I'm at the computer again. We no longer get the popup now (and presumably any more patches).
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkmurray wrote:I had thought about posting those. I will post them tonight when I'm at the computer again. We no longer get the popup now (and presumably any more patches).
I forgot to do this and am doing so now. My current version numbers (as found under the Help -> About menu option) are:
Versions
  • MLS: 3.1.1_16814
  • Languages: 3.1.1_16809
  • Forms: 3.1.1_16800
Modules
  • Church Audits: 3.1.1_16791
  • Confidential Reports and Forms: 3.1.1_16793
  • Seminaries and Institutes: 3.1.1_16792
pete_arnett-p40

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

Message received today via MLS 3.1.1_16814, 05Dec2009

03Dec2009
QUARTERLY REPORT PRINTING PROBLEMS
We have discovered a bug in the MLS 3.1.1 version that does not allow users to print or preview Quarterly Reports. MLS users can still look at the Quarterly Report data fields and enter data, but will not be able to print.
This bug will be fixed in an MLS release scheduled to be released the week of December 12th.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
If you have questions, please contact your stake clerk or local unit support
:cool: Your Fellow Servant,
Porter (Pete) Lee Arnett Jr.
USA
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I visited a unit today that is merrily operating under MLS 3.0.3 with nary a clue that there has been an upgrade. They have completed successful Send/Receives over the last few weeks, and we did another one this morning. No upgrade. No message to contact the STS for a CD. No pop up "unclean" leprosy message. Nada.

So I flashed it with my trusty drive and got them up to speed.

I have never considered an update to be complete with a successful S/R, so I fired one off after the upgrade. The new "work while you transmit" feature is wonderful.

I am puzzled, however, that as they worked their incoming records, MLS was downloading file after file of patches in the background. Does this mean that MLS version 3.1.1 at the Church web site is not complete?

Usually the patches come before the upgrade, not after. [grin]

I guess the prudent thing to do now is to survey all remaining computers in our stake to see what their status is, unless CHQ is planning to run a report for us and MLS message it to the stake sometime soon.

So far, of the six machines I have seen, half have loaded 3.1.1 on their own and the other half were happily chirping away at 3.0.3 without a clue. I should probably check the other eight machines and see if my odds have improved.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:They have completed successful Send/Receives over the last few weeks, and we did another one this morning. No upgrade.
Did they do a S/R on a day other than Sunday?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Did they do a S/R on a day other than Sunday?
Yes. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday this week, and Wednesdays before.

This should not have mattered, though, because I thought I read that the download is no longer restricted. It will come on any S/R. Must have been in another thread.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pete_arnett wrote:03Dec2009 [from MLS messaging]
QUARTERLY REPORT PRINTING PROBLEMS
We have discovered a bug in the MLS 3.1.1 version that does not allow users to print or preview Quarterly Reports. . . .

This bug will be fixed in an MLS release scheduled to be released the week of December 12th.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
It appears that my blessings are unnumbered.

I have an assignment for this week (not the week of December 12th) to bring printouts of every quarterly report for the last four years to meeting for a special project.

I think, rather than print screen 16 reports (at two screens per print), that it will be faster to roll MLS back to 3.0.3, restore the last 3.0.3 backup, and print them out that way. (I will do it on another computer and then wipe the files.)

It will also save paper.

Hymn # 241. Here come the next 32 blessings. And I can use all the blessing I can get. Maybe I should go back five years. [grin]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:I think, rather than print screen 16 reports (at two screens per print), that it will be faster to roll MLS back to 3.0.3, restore the last 3.0.3 backup, and print them out that way. (I will do it on another computer and then wipe the files.)
I find it really hard to believe that all that uninstalling, restoring, and reinstalling is possibly faster than a bit of printing. But in any case, you might consider doing the Ctrl+Shift+C trick to copy the report, paste it in a spreadsheet, and then print it from the spreadsheet.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:. . . you might consider doing the Ctrl+Shift+C trick to copy the report, paste it in a spreadsheet, and then print it from the spreadsheet.
Oooh! Thank you. I had forgotten about the copy/paste trick. Not only will that be faster, but the numbers will be easier to run, as well.

Brilliant suggestion. Thank you.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”