ComeuntoChrist.org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
cgwynn

ComeuntoChrist.org

Post by cgwynn »

Is ComeuntoChrist.org being retired or folded into the regular ChurchofJesusChrist.org website? The other day, the regular Church website came up requiring signing in to a Church account to access all content that a member would normally access. Then that requirement was gone the next time I went onto the site.
BrianEdwards

Re: ComeuntoChrist.org

Post by BrianEdwards »

Perhaps that was related to a similar issue recently experienced by myself and others here on the Forum, where the main Church website would come up briefly and then immediately re-direct to the ComeUntoChrist website. Sounds like you experienced the reverse of what I was seeing!

From what I saw posted here, that seemed to be a bug in the system that was eventually resolved, and I believe what you saw was likely related. But perhaps others on the Forum might know more.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: ComeuntoChrist.org

Post by sbradshaw »

The Church Newsroom article from March 5, 2019, where ChurchofJesusChrist.org was announced, mentioned that Mormon.org would change to ComeuntoChrist.org, then after some time be folded into ChurchofJesusChrist.org:
https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... -alignment
The Church’s official website will become ChurchofJesusChrist.org. This change is effective today, March 5, 2019, when the domain name ChurchofJesusChrist.org begins pointing to the LDS.org home page. In the coming months, the ChurchofJesusChrist.org domain name will replace what were the following:
  • LDS.org (ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
  • MormonNewsroom.org (Newsroom.ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
Eventually, Mormon.org will be incorporated into the new domain as well. However, because its primary audience is those outside the Church, merging it with the Church member-focused ChurchofJesusChrist.org will take more time.

Work is underway to unify and restructure all these websites into a new, more cohesive and personalized experience under the ChurchofJesusChrist.org domain. Until that time, Mormon.org will change to ComeuntoChrist.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Main Church Website”