Uh oh! We're Sorry ...

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
chevpaea

Uh oh! We're Sorry ...

Post by chevpaea »

Uh oh! We're Sorry ...
It looks like something went wrong which prevented the page you requested from displaying. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused!

Anyone got a fix around this error message?

Ive been trying to upload receipts for reimbursement and every time i add the attachments, or drag or browse file this error message comes up?

Ive tried other browsers, cleared cache and resized the image and the images are jpegs?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Uh oh! We're Sorry ...

Post by jdlessley »

This is most likely related to the web services issue the church is attempting to deal with. Patience and attempting later is recommended. Sometimes waiting for another day other than Sunday may be all you can do.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
michaelsnow

Post by michaelsnow »

So how long should we expect until this is resolved? I have been getting this message consistently for weeks, no amount of trying different days and times helps. Same as the original poster, I've done all the feasible troubleshooting there is, and now have some reimbursements that are getting seriously delayed.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Have you tried accessing the site by using "New Incognito Window" in browsers using the Chrome engine and "New Private Window" in Firefox. If using those 'windows' corrects the issue then clearing the cookies and cache will clear the issue in the normal browser operations. I had an organization secretary do this to clear the same issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
michaelsnow

Post by michaelsnow »

Yes, tried those options too, nothing works. Happens on both my home computer and the unit computer at the meetinghouse.
mhsmith19

Post by mhsmith19 »

Had the same issue and followed the same suggestions, even tried using a .jpg rather than .pdf. Called the help desk Tuesday morning and Olga at LCR support had not heard of this issue. She used my information to attempt to create an expense and drop a .pdf in and received the same error. While we were chatting about next steps, I just tried 'one more time' and the .pdf copied in and the expense created correctly. No idea why it worked the one time, but I do recommend calling into the help desk to ensure support is aware of the issue and can maybe trace the activity to learn what is causing the malfunction.
michaelsnow

Post by michaelsnow »

Okay, well that ended up being a useful clue at least. I haven't been able to get anything to work with a .jpg, but with a PDF I was able to upload the file. I still got the "Uh oh! We're sorry" message when I went to save the expense, but that one turns out to be a false alarm because the expense did move to the next step and is waiting for the second approval.

Obviously .jpg files worked for a long time so this seems to have been one of the many things that got broken recently in the system. And clearly uploading a .jpg works elsewhere (I just approved a handful of people's photos for the directory), so maybe it's this specific page that has the issue.
michaelsnow

Post by michaelsnow »

Update on my previous comment - it turns out the error was in fact still an error. What happened with the .jpg converted to PDF is that the expense advanced to approval, but it did so under "Approve Expenses with Paper Receipts" instead of "Approve Expenses with Attached Receipts", so the attachment was lost. And of course it's not particularly user-friendly for the second approver to be relying on a "paper" receipt that's actually electronic and on my computer. So it appears the only thing that will work correctly right now is a native PDF document as a receipt.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I don't know if my experience was caused by the same thing or something different but yesterday I tried to upload documents for a reimbursement and I got this message. After trying several things I discovered that only one of the files was causing the problem. All the others (which included both a couple PDFs and a few JPGs) uploaded fine. The one which didn't work was a JPG. After I loaded the bad one in GIMP, rotated it and saved it again, the new copy uploaded without a problem.

So I wonder if it's just having problems with something about certain images or maybe the metadata in certain images.
rggee

Post by rggee »

I get this same error "Uh oh! We're sorry, something went wrong!" whenever I try to adjust an expense - has happened for several weeks now and I haven't been able to adjust any expenses because of it. I usually adjust expenses to add recipients to fast offering expenses that come through the automatic system. But I can't anymore! Super frustrating. Anybody else seen this or know how to resolve it?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”