I am the administrator for our LUWS. A member pointed out to me today that we have some old news showing up on our "News and Information" page. It's not just old, it's really old. Most of the people mentioned on one of the items aren't even members of our branch anymore.
When I went into Administrative Options and tried to "Maintain" the News and Information, there was nothing to maintain. The items simply weren't there.
Here is how I deleted the items:
- I created a new news item and verified that it appeared on the "maintain" page.
- In a separate browser tab, I opened the LUWS News and Information page, showing the two old items.
- On the "Maintain" page are two links next to the news item I had just created: "Change" and "Delete". I made note of the URL for the Delete link, as it contains the ID of the news item.
- Having the ID of the valid news item, I opened the "Change" link in yet-another-tab.
- Back on the News and Information page, I looked at the links for the old news items to determine their IDs.
- I manually changed the ID in the address bar (URL) of the news item I was changing. This allowed me to edit the old news item.
- I clicked the Delete button.
- Then I repeated steps 5-7 for the last news item.