Adding a child to household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mbrasher

Adding a child to household

Post by mbrasher »

I need to add a child to the household of her parents. The child was born in 2016 and according to her paternal grandfather was blessed by him in Heber. When I search for the membership record with the child's name and DOB there is no record found. I could create a record, but I'm worried about creating a duplicate. I have verified the child's name and DOB with the parents. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding a child to household

Post by russellhltn »

At this point I wouldn't worry too much about a duplicate. If it's not pulling up by name and DOB, it's probably not there. Odds are the blessing wasn't done in the home ward. The ward it was done in didn't create the record for whatever reason.

I'd go ahead and create it. If not done before age 8, then it can't be done until the child is baptized.

If it turns out to be a duplicate, it can be fixed up easily later.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”