Bluetooth connection between Android phone and Android car head unit crashes when playing Saints 2 audiobook

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sethhills

Bluetooth connection between Android phone and Android car head unit crashes when playing Saints 2 audiobook

Post by sethhills »

Hi, if anyone can help on resolving this id appreciate it.
I have a Google pixel 6, however this was also a opportunity on my moto Z3 phone. I believe it's a problem with the gospel library app. I am able to connect via Bluetooth to my car head units and other bt speaker devices, I am able to listen to scriptures and conference talks(most of them), however, when I listen to Saints 2 after getting about halfway through the book (I think around chapter 17? it stopped working) the Bluetooth connection drops and the phone and head unit cycle through trying to connect over and over without success. If I go back to listening to scriptures, the problem goes away.

I connect via Bluetooth to the head unit in my cars (two different head units, one is a Sony XAV 1000 or something and the other is an ATOTO A6 with an Android OS.
I have the problem with both head units and I think with any Bluetooth speaker.

version 6.1.2 (612002.12) of gospel library on my phone
Phone is Google pixel 6 Android version 12

In the past I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the problem persists. I've cleared storage and cache and problem persists.
I've " forgotten" and re-paired my devices and problem persists.
Thanks for help in advance
Seth
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Bluetooth connection between Android phone and Android car head unit crashes when playing Saints 2 audiobook

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have the audio pre-downloaded (Library > Church History > Saints, Volume 2 > (overflow menu / three dots) > Download Audio), or is it downloading/streaming the audio on the fly?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sethhills

Re: Bluetooth connection between Android phone and Android car head unit crashes when playing Saints 2 audiobook

Post by sethhills »

Streaming, not pre-downloaded.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I have a Pixel 5 and for consistent streaming while driving, I had to switch off 5G in Settings and stream via LTE. This may only be applicable to my area, but it's worth a try. I stumbled on this fix in Reddit somewhere and it sure worked for me.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”