Not receiving Emails from Ward and Stake

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
davesudweeks

Re: Not receiving Emails from Ward and Stake

Post by davesudweeks »

drepasi wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:49 am Any progress on this? My wife and I have had this same problem for over a year. I have a Gmail address and she has yahoo.
This post provides more information regarding what the church is dealing with: https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... 00#p237500 Ward/Branch councils can help by cleaning up email addresses for members in their unit, especially those who are less active. All leaders can all help by using email communications responsibly and respecting the wishes of individual members who desire less (or no) contact via email.
SABadshah

Post by SABadshah »

Prior to taking on the role of ward executive secretary two weeks ago and gaining access to LCR for the first time, I had no issues receiving emails via LCR. Since then, I haven't been able to send or receive emails from anyone or anything, not even from myself. My stake clerk is baffled as to why. Can anyone assist me?
I use Yahoo for my email. I was using the same account when I could receive emails before two weeks ago. I also see the green bar that indicates that the message is sending, but I don't get a confirmation and nobody, not even myself, receives the email. No other ward leaders can email me, and neither can I. I'm losing out on everything and am dependent on others to send my emails.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SABadshah wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:12 am Prior to taking on the role of ward executive secretary two weeks ago and gaining access to LCR for the first time, I had no issues receiving emails via LCR. Since then, I haven't been able to send or receive emails from anyone or anything, not even from myself. ...
I use Yahoo for my email.
I'm surprised it worked that well.

A couple of things: This has been going on for months. A resolution between the church and Yahoo in a time frame you can live with is unlikely. The best course of action is to use a email that's not associated with Yahoo, AOL, or Verizon.

There are a few things you can look at to see if it made things worse: Make sure to remove all invalid emails from the system. Some units have modified the email to avoid sending to members who have requested no emails, but results in sending a bunch of invalid addresses to the email provider which ticks them off.

The other part is some recipients may not appreciate the email and is marking it as spam.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gr3yb3ar

Post by gr3yb3ar »

I am not receiving email from the Stake and ward Relief Society, nor am I receiving email from the high councilor over my position. I did get email from these people two years ago and now nothing. Can somebody help?
caillines

Post by caillines »

If you have a yahoo, aol, or verizon related email address it's a known issue that the church is working on fixing. If you're with a different email provider, check that your individual (not household) email address on your membership record is correct.
gr3yb3ar

Post by gr3yb3ar »

My email account is with Hotmail, not the ones you suggested.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gr3yb3ar wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:46 pm My email account is with Hotmail, not the ones you suggested.
Other then checking your spam folder or considering moving to a different provider, there's not much that can be done by you or the local leadership,.

What can be done is making sure all emails are valid. Make sure someone hasn't been editing to the emails to avoid sending to users who have requested not to get emails from the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

What email domains are working?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wrigjef wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:36 pm What email domains are working?
Gmail has been working for me, but some have reported problems with it. It's possible that Gmail is doing a better job of containing/limiting the impact to just individual wards or something.

wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Does anything other than gmail work?

My zoho email received “send a message” emails just fine before these problems. Checked with zoho and they looked at logs and nothing has changed on their end. I was on a stake communications committee and have a churchofjesuschrist.org email that I use on my church account so I can receive messages but I was released and they will likely take that email address away. I would rather not set up a gmail account.

Return to “Member Tools”