Not receiving Emails from Ward and Stake

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not receiving Emails from Ward and Stake

Post by russellhltn »

mattprasmussen wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:17 am The official answer can’t be “just create a new address with a new provider.”
No, that's not the official answer. I'm just pointing out options that are within your power to use.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robertwatts

Post by robertwatts »

I have also been experiencing this issue since July 7th. I have tested with yahoo.com, @gmail.com, and @hotmail.com and the only one not working is yahoo.com. However I believe the email is no reply-lcr@churchofjesuschrist.org that is not coming through.
heidisuepreece

Post by heidisuepreece »

Our ward has also had issues with yahoo email accounts not receiving what is sent out through LCR. However, we've had another error pop up, aid it says "the recipients were rejected by the server". We've verified email addresses, and everything is correct. What should I try?
caillines

Post by caillines »

for the "rejected" ones, try sending them from your personal email directly (make sure to use Blind Carbon Copy if sending to groups). We have a few gmail accounts that do the "rejected" thing when sending through LCR but work when sending from our email directly.
enriqueapproved

Post by enriqueapproved »

I have the same issue. In my case it doesn't involve a yahoo account. My email address is set at the individual level in member tools and set to be visible to everyone. I'm also a ward exec sec and a technologist by trade.

I believe the issue relates to defects in the church email broadcast tool used by ward and stake leaders.

This article speaks about known defects when attachments are involved.
https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... hp?t=36745

I've found the best way to resolve this and prior email defects is to have another person in the ward forward the missing email as an attachment. Then get that attachment to your email provider so they can see how they can compensate.

Best of luck
cgcrandall

Post by cgcrandall »

We have done a number of tests. In our ward, any emails sent through LCR's "Send a Message" portal to a yahoo.com, verizon.net, or hotmail.com address are not being sent. The only workaround we have found is to make a list of all ward members with one of these addresses and then BCC forward any email sent through LCR directly to those email addresses through another portal (e.g., gmail.com). Hopefully, this will be resolved soon but it is not yet clear to me that the church tech group is aware of this problem.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

cgcrandall wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:49 pm ...but it is not yet clear to me that the church tech group is aware of this problem.
In other threads on this issue, it is clear that church tech is aware and working on it. Apparently the problem is these providers have labeled the church Send A Message tool as a spammer. From what I have read on the forum, it appears the best thing we can do to help is work to ensure all email addresses in membership records are valid and avoid sending emails to those who don't what them (if members are marking emails they don't want as spam to their ISP, it won't help efforts to get the church's name cleared).
djhardingdj

Post by djhardingdj »

I did report the problem via the Feedback button on the main landing page for the Church website. Their response was:
"More information here. Gmail seems to be working for now.
https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... hp?t=40836"

This doesn't sound like they are trying to address the problem. :-(
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

djhardingdj wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:55 pm This doesn't sound like they are trying to address the problem. :-(
The Global Services Department does not address these problems, and that is one of their standard answers. But I can assure you that the developers are working on it.
drepasi

Post by drepasi »

Any progress on this? My wife and I have had this same problem for over a year. I have a Gmail address and she has yahoo.

Return to “Member Tools”