Creating a Child's record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
beready

Creating a Child's record

Post by beready »

We have a new member and her infant was recently blessed. I keep trying to create a record for the infant, but I keep getting the following error:

If the record you are trying to create is listed above, please click Use This Record. Only continue if the record being created is for a different person.

It is the same person (the baby was included in the members household when her record was created), but nothing happens when I click "Use This Record", There is no hyperlink. I've tried everything I can think of. I've deleted any reference to her in her mother's records in hopes that would clear out the system. But every time I try to create a new record for this child, I get this error and can go no further.

The thing is, I couldn't even get a member record to pull up for this child. I tried to merge records and I couldn't find a record for her.

I'm not sure what is going on. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Creating a Child's record

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest contacting support to find out what's going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
xkevin

Re: Creating a Child's record

Post by xkevin »

beready wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:43 pm We have a new member and her infant was recently blessed. I keep trying to create a record for the infant, but I keep getting the following error:

If the record you are trying to create is listed above, please click Use This Record. Only continue if the record being created is for a different person.

It is the same person (the baby was included in the members household when her record was created), but nothing happens when I click "Use This Record", There is no hyperlink. I've tried everything I can think of. I've deleted any reference to her in her mother's records in hopes that would clear out the system. But every time I try to create a new record for this child, I get this error and can go no further.

The thing is, I couldn't even get a member record to pull up for this child. I tried to merge records and I couldn't find a record for her.

I'm not sure what is going on. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
We have the same issue, did you ever get it resolve? Mind to share it? Thanks!

Return to “Membership Help”