"All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
garystroble

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:50 pm I've been told a completely new calendar system is due in September.
Prayers it is a work of programming art.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by russellhltn »

The word I've heard back is that the programmers will be focusing on getting the new version out rather than trying to fix this bug in code that going to be retired. Understandable, but I sure hope this new code doesn't have any major bugs. The whole Standard to DST and back again has been an ongoing source of bugs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:50 pm
caillines wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:15 pm Really frustrating having an Australian timezoned event beholden to US DLS changes.
It appears that Australia also has DST. Just to clarify, are you seeing this bug starting with the US DST change in March or the Australian one in April?
Just did a test.
It looks like it breaks the day before the April DLS change in Australia.
But I haven't had this issue before. I normally go through at the year and put the next years local public holidays and school holidays in the calendar without issue.

Hopefully the new calendar in September comes to fruition.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

caillines wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:26 pm But I haven't had this issue before. I normally go through at the year and put the next years local public holidays and school holidays in the calendar without issue.
Yeah, usually what happens is the change in time zone isn't taken into account and meetings display as being off by an hour.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

russellhltn wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:20 pm Yeah, usually what happens is the change in time zone isn't taken into account and meetings display as being off by an hour.
That would explain why I've never seen it with all day events then. Thanks.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

I've just found this bug too. (I'm in the UK.) I tried to add the stake conference dates for next year and couldn't get it to add in the correct days. I couldn't understand why it was working correctly until 25th March 2023, but after that it was faulty. Now I've read this thread I realise that 25th March is the day before the change to daylight saving time in the UK. I'll jut have to patiently wait for the new version.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

lajackson wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:21 pm
buckwheat66 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:26 pm Is there a work-around? Or, planned fix?
There are posts in this forum going back more than 15 years discussing how this problem keeps showing up twice a year in various configurations. I do not hold out hope for a fix. I have never seen a successful workaround. When the Calendar gets to the magic day in March or November each year, the problem appears to resolve itself until the next time shift. But, it has always been an illusion.

Perhaps Congress will finally pass that law ending the change to and from daylight saving time. The Senate passed it. We just need a brave House of Representatives to do the same.

Or the Millennium will arrive. Or it will end and there shall be time no longer (see D&C 88:110).

Sorry to be so helpful. [grin]
Are we not a global church? I don't think a decision of the US congress will help with this problem in the UK.
bcardoza

Post by bcardoza »

Any word as to when this issue will be addressed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bcardoza wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:37 am Any word as to when this issue will be addressed?
The software is undergoing a re-write and is expected to roll out this month. But times can slip.

jdpratt

Post by jdpratt »

Echoing the need here... trying to load stake calendar ahead of wards loading for 2023... any update appreciated...

Seems to coincide w daylight savings time

Return to “Calendar”