"All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kdensl

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by kdensl »

September has come and gone and still now new calendar. nor is the old one fixed. this is becoming an issue to get events scheduled in 2023
buckwheat66

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by buckwheat66 »

--> Is there a Church Project Manager on this thread that can provide an official update on the new calendar rollout?

Bad news or good news - any official word would be much appreciated so that we can plan accordingly. Thx!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

buckwheat66 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:13 am --> Is there a Church Project Manager on this thread that can provide an official update on the new calendar rollout?
This is mainly a user-to-user forum – managers who make decisions or who can give official updates about Church apps and websites don't visit the forum frequently.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Hopefully the update comes soon.
In the mean time, I've send an email to our bishoprics letting them know that they'll see an issue, and how I'm handling it at the stake level (putting the date in as part of the event name).
Once/if it gets fixed I will just go through and rename the events again.
engljeff

Post by engljeff »

Has anyone successfully uploaded calendar events into a stake calendar? Finding real difficulty properly planning 2023 calendar when the events aren't displayed properly. Wondering if preparing a calendar in Google first and then exporting from google and uploading into the stake calendar when the problem seems to be solved (hopefully it will) is a way to go?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There is no import function. At least not in the current version of the software. I don't know if that's a planned feature for the new version or not. Probably not. Too many ways that can error out and it would take a lot of programming time to handle that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:58 pm I got a update that it will be most likely after General Conference.
Update: it's now "mid-November".

This is why church programmers rarely give timelines for changes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Wow this is making it difficult for 2023 advance calendar planning. Stake leaders have the month of October to list their 2023 events. Units begin their input 11-1-22 and lastly private events on 12-1-22 for upcoming year. Throws our schedule off. Hope issue is resolved soon.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

A work around is to put in the actual times encompassing all day instead of utilizing the ALL DAY option. That seemed to work
for me. Besides when selecting ALL DAY you do not have the option to show the actual start time. An event may take all
day with set up and clean up but the all day feature to me should not be used. Hours of start and end and then set up and clean up listed below seems like a better way to do it? Otherwise when do members know when they should arrive for the event?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:35 pm A work around is to put in the actual times encompassing all day instead of utilizing the ALL DAY option. That seemed to work
for me. Besides when selecting ALL DAY you do not have the option to show the actual start time. An event may take all
day with set up and clean up but the all day feature to me should not be used. Hours of start and end and then set up and clean up listed below seems like a better way to do it? Otherwise when do members know when they should arrive for the event?
A very good point. The calendar shouldn't be viewed as a room reservation system, but rather as a means of communicating events with the ward that also does room reservation. While it doesn't eliminate the need for working all-day events, it may reduce it.

Return to “Calendar”