"All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by russellhltn »

I got a update that it will be most likely after General Conference.

For now, consider making the "all day" events something like 2AM to 10PM. Not ideal, but it seems like it might be the least hassle overall.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by caillines »

Thanks for the update Russell.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

24th September - just checked again and it's still an issue in the UK.
I'm trying to do the right thing by using this calendar...

Paul
ericb

Post by ericb »

I'm glad I found this post, as I wondered if there were others running into the same problem. Sounds like there's several Stake Exec Secs (like me) trying to get all-day events plugged in for next year.
amigodopovo

Post by amigodopovo »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:47 am
bcardoza wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:37 am Any word as to when this issue will be addressed?
The software is undergoing a re-write and is expected to roll out this month. But times can slip.
It is now October 2 and no fix is apparent. Any updates? Struggling to get the stake calendar done with these issues.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

amigodopovo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:07 pm It is now October 2 and no fix is apparent. Any updates? Struggling to get the stake calendar done with these issues.
This has been a problem for nearly 10 years. I do not expect that it will be fixed. I think they are hoping the new software being written will handle it.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you set your "all day" events to run from 3:00 am to 10:00 pm.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

amigodopovo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:07 pm
russellhltn wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:47 am
bcardoza wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:37 am Any word as to when this issue will be addressed?
The software is undergoing a re-write and is expected to roll out this month. But times can slip.
It is now October 2 and no fix is apparent. Any updates? Struggling to get the stake calendar done with these issues.
I posted a follow-up message that indicated it would be some time after General Conference. As such, unless there's another delay (quite possible), I'd expect the new software soon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I was doing some scheduling today and for a recurring meeting on every 2nd Sunday, it showed the correct time of 7 pm for January, February, November and December. For March through October, it showed 6 pm. I manually changed 6 pm to 7 pm for the months March through October.

I also noticed that for an all day event, or for those that a time hasn't been chosen yet, and I needed to add them as an all day event until we know more specifics, it sets it for 3 days! So I had to add a start and end time for all of those activities but will update them once more details are available. Also, for YM Camp, it added a day before and a day after the camp dates. So, I had to add a specific start time for the first day and an ending time for the last day of camp and then it showed the specific days of camp.

russellhltn, is it September yet? I see you mentioned that a new calendar system was due to come out. Hopefully it will work well no matter what time zone anyone is in!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

margiestroble wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:11 pm I was doing some scheduling today and for a recurring meeting on every 2nd Sunday, it showed the correct time of 7 pm for January, February, November and December. For March through October, it showed 6 pm. I manually changed 6 pm to 7 pm for the months March through October.
Your fix may have made things worse. In the past, it appears the software records the time correctly in the database, but when it goes to display, it only uses the current time zone for everything instead of checking to see what events are Standard and which are Daylight. You might want to double-check times after November 6th when DST ends. However, I'd hope the new software would be in place by then.

margiestroble wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:11 pm russellhltn, is it September yet? I see you mentioned that a new calendar system was due to come out. Hopefully it will work well no matter what time zone anyone is in!
Please see this post.

margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

russellhltn, Thank you, I will definitely double check the times after November 6th.

Return to “Calendar”