"All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
caillines

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by caillines »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:33 am Update: The upgrade is expected to happen November 15. Expect an outage that day of a few hours.
The separate CPCS system is going away next week too (has been integrated into LCR), so the GCS might be quite busy with IT issues in the next couple of weeks.
casper684

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by casper684 »

I am finding this 3 day instead of 1 issue puzzling as I am having no difficulty with this at all. As stake building scheduler people are calling with how to get around this. I walk them through it over the phone and their calendar looks completely different from mine? Easiest work around I found to tell them is to go to an old entry and make it repeating and then just delete the ones they don't want. That way they have a starting point.

The time issue yes having trouble with that one too. I am able to go in and edit input by others. I am unsure as to what will happen with my edits though. Anxiously awaiting new calendar roll out. Our stake has stopped unit 2023 entries until this is figured out. Stake 2023 entries had already been input before this started happening.

Hoping to restart after calender upgrade. Keeping fingers crossed..
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:46 am I am finding this 3 day instead of 1 issue puzzling as I am having no difficulty with this at all. fingers crossed..
Please be aware that they calendar adjusts itself based on the time zone reported by your browser. For example, of your computer is set for Arizona time zone (which doesn't observe DST) instead of Mountain time, you may not experience this bug.

This is important as "7PM" in your browser may not be "7pm" for the rest of the users.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tvshort

2023 Calendar- all day events are posting wrong

Post by tvshort »

When posting all-day events for 2023, the calendar is posting the event as if it were a three-day event blocking out the day before and the day after. This seems to be happening with events scheduled during daylight savings (march 12th 2023 - November 5 2023). Also, all-day events scheduled on November 5th disappear.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: 2023 Calendar- all day events are posting wrong

Post by rmrichesjr »

This has been discussed at considerable length here: https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... 4&start=50
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Thank you so much for that bit of info. I did have someone tell me that they had a question come up about what time zone they were in
and I never get that popup. Makes sense.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: 2023 Calendar- all day events are posting wrong

Post by russellhltn »

tvshort wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:05 pm When posting all-day events for 2023, the calendar is posting the event as if it were a three-day event blocking out the day before and the day after.
Your post has been merged with an existing thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jennerporter

Post by jennerporter »

Is the new calendar system still set to release soon?
caillines

Post by caillines »

I hope so. The sooner I can ensure that next years calendar is working well, the fewer stake items I'm going to have to fix/check.
shimektl

Post by shimektl »

Our stake calendar doesn't work at all now. It first gives a spinney with a grayed-out calendar behind it, then goes completely blank. So I'm assuming they rolled out the new calendar system and had some issues. I'm sure they'll get it worked out, but for now it appears we exchanged known bugs for unknown bugs.

Return to “Calendar”