English Baptism Certificate has Spanish Month

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
itzjonas

English Baptism Certificate has Spanish Month

Post by itzjonas »

Does anyone know how to get English baptism certificates to not show months in spanish? I've tried just about everything I can think of. If I set the language in the url to esp

Code: Select all

certificate-print?lang=esp
It shows everything in Spanish. However, in the default lang of eng the certificates always has the month come out as Spanish, e.g.:

Code: Select all

born on 19 febrero 2014, was baptized on 12 marzo 2022
and was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
on 12 marzo 2022 by ...
I've attempted to double check language settings for my computer and browser and believe the issue is server-side with the church.

Any direction would be great.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: English Baptism Certificate has Spanish Month

Post by lajackson »

itzjonas wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:05 am Any direction would be great.
This is a glitch on the Church servers that a local user is not able to fix. I would be sorely tempted to send feedback every time it happens to keep them working on the problem, which also has a nasty tendency to come and go from time to time.
aiolupoteat

Post by aiolupoteat »

I am also having the same problem but I am wondering if I should print it or wait to get it fixed? What have you all done in spite of this glitch?

Any direction is greatly appreciated.
itzjonas

Post by itzjonas »

I went home on the same day and tried on my home computer and it was working fine which led me to believe it was a cache issue on the Clerk's computer. Now a week later, I emptied the cache and reloaded and updated Chrome and it worked fine for one print. After try the next certificate it went back to Spanish and clearing cache didn't help. I then switched to Microsoft Edge and was able to print with English months again for the remainder I needed to print.
Last edited by itzjonas on Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Clearing relevant (Church websites) cookies is also a good idea. There is a known issue where one or more cookies gets too long or gets otherwise corrupted, which can cause many types of odd misbehavior.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Maybe some year the Church will fix this known for a long time cookie issue?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:54 pm Maybe some year the Church will fix this known for a long time cookie issue?
The Church can fix the cookie, but they cannot fix the way different browsers handle the cookie.

And in this topic, i do not think the cookie has anything to do with the language called up for the date. I think the main certificate page is not passing complete information to the database when it fetches the date.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

lajackson wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:01 pm
garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:54 pm Maybe some year the Church will fix this known for a long time cookie issue?
The Church can fix the cookie, but they cannot fix the way different browsers handle the cookie.

And in this topic, i do not think the cookie has anything to do with the language called up for the date. I think the main certificate page is not passing complete information to the database when it fetches the date.
The root of this and many other problems is much deeper than us outsiders can imagine I suspect. Hopefully I am wrong, but based on performance of the database, that speaks volumes to me.
jgoggan

Post by jgoggan »

Was using LCR today and noticed that all of the dates for members were in Spanish. I was actually recording a death and put in the date -- then noticed that it promptly changed "Dec" to "dic". I thought maybe I made a typo at first and tried to fix it -- but it clearly showed "dec" when I tried to end it -- and then "dic" when it was saved.

Came here to report it and saw this. So, certainly isn't just the certificates. It is doing it for me for all users on their individual pages. All dates are in Spanish.
smkigin

Post by smkigin »

Adding my experience to the host of many others. Same as described by OP.

Between this and the frequent inability to record tithing for the last four months, I'm pretty unimpressed with Church IT.

Return to “Reports and Forms”