Donor account and statements address correction. Help needed.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
EFHoldsworth

Donor account and statements address correction. Help needed.

Post by EFHoldsworth »

We moved from Colorado to New Mexico six years ago. We have tried multiple times working with a couple of different ward clerks to correct our address on our donor account and donor statements from our old Colorado address to our New Mexico address. The ward clerks have been unable to explain why they were unsuccessful in getting the address correction completed. The ward has our correct New Mexico address and our correct address shows up in the Church’s “Tools” app on our phones but our old Colorado address continues to show up on our donor details and statements. What do we need to do or what specific instructions do we need to give to the ward clerk to get our correct address to show up on our donor accounts and statements? I think we may be on our third ward clerk – maybe it will be a charm. Anyway, I would appreciate some guidance on how to get this address correction successfully made. Thank you.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Donor account and statements address correction. Help needed.

Post by rmrichesjr »

Have any of the ward clerk's asked the stake clerk or the GSD for help on the problem? Part of the stake clerk's job is to train and assist the ward clerks. The GSD should be able to fix it if nobody else can.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would verify the MRN on the account your donating with is the same and the MRN on your membership record (it can be found in Member Tools). If it doesn't match, that's the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

After you have followed all of the suggestions others have made and determined that everything appears to be in order on your end, ask your clerk to give you the phone number and then call the Global Services Center and ask them to fix it for you.

My search skills are not powerful enough to find the thread, but my feeble brain seems to remember that this has been a problem in the past and that only the GSC is able to fix it.

EDIT: I read it here. I would make the call to the GSC. The problem applies to all of the donor statements, not just the tax statement eblood66 mentions.
EFHoldsworth

Post by EFHoldsworth »

Hey everyone. Thanks for the suggestions. I will follow up on them all and see if we can get everything corrected. Thanks again.
EFHoldsworth

Post by EFHoldsworth »

Just thought I'd report that the GSC was able to fix it. Thanks for all the suggestions and help!!

Return to “Church Account”