Not getting emails sent to my tools account email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lisaknapp

Re: Not getting emails sent to my tools account email

Post by lisaknapp »

I have noticed the same thing. The last donation email confirmation I received was July 11, 2020, and the last email from my leaders was July 3, 2020. I have made more than one donation since then and the leaders send something weekly, so I know the emails are expected. I've checked my spam folder numerous times and added the variations of noreply@churchofjesuschrist.org to my contacts and still, I am not getting the emails.

I rely on these emails for multiple reasons and feel frustrated they are not coming through. Is there anyone on the Church side that can make sure our email addresses didn't somehow end up on a "suppression list"? I know that happens occasionally with customers at my job and we can manually activate the email address again.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lisaknapp wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:38 pm I've checked my spam folder numerous times and added the variations of noreply@churchofjesuschrist.org to my contacts and still, I am not getting the emails.
I've whitelisted the church by adding the domain name "@churchofjesuschrist.org" or "churchofjesuschrist.org", depending on your email provider, to the whitelist. That appears to be more effective than whitelisting a specific email address since it covers all emails coming from the church's domain. I did this a number of years ago when the emails from the church systems started becoming a problem. I have not had any issues with emails getting through since then.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
cgiddley

Post by cgiddley »

Dave, I've tried sending feedback, but every time I click on "Contact Us," either the vertical tab on the right side of the page, or in the menu, the system logs me out. I've been trying for several weeks. Pretty frustrating.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

The "Contact Us" link worked just fine for me just before I posted this (4 Aug 2022). Since I am not having any problems with the tool, I didn't file a report. I did, however, see a Send A Message FAQ and noted these points (that may or may not have anything to do with those who are having issues):

"Leaders cannot copy/paste text into the message field unless they paste as plain text or pasted HTML content will prevent it from sending. This includes pictures."

"Send a Message uses the sender's e-mail provider to send the message. If there are restrictions on group e-mails that are imposed by the sender’s provider, they will apply in Send a Message, as well. Leaders might need to verify their providers' requirements if they receive error messages."

"If an error message is received, the leader should first check his/her policy with the provider, clear cache and cookies and make sure a reliable browser is being used, such as Google Chrome or Firefox. Make sure nothing has been copied or pasted in the message field. If the problem persists, please contact the Global Services Department."

"If a member is not receiving emails, please make sure the individual email field is filled out on the membership record - that is the one Send a Message uses. The member may need to check with his/her provider to make sure the policy allows group messages. Some policies do not allow members to receive group messages with attachments. The member should also check his/her junk/spam folder to make sure the messages aren't being sent there."
cardine

Post by cardine »

I have this problem, as well. I have whitelisted the church in my email provider (Yahoo!), but it still doesn't work. I can receive neither the confirmation of message sent nor the message that I sent to myself. My bishop is also not receiving anything sent from the Tools (I think Gmail). It doesn't appear to be due to the provider because I have people who use Gmail who do receive the emails I send out. I have also been trying to upload reimbursements, but they are not making it to the clerk's system, so we are having to do paper everything right now, which for me is a pain. The last time I received a message was July 10, 2022.

I have attempted to verify my email and all the information on the browser version (Chrome), as well as the Android app. Nothing appears to be out of place.

The last time I had a hiccup like this, something got fixed, and then all of a sudden a missionary referral that I had sent years before went through, so it was totally weird to have missionaries call me about a thing I had no idea what they were talking about until I realized it was a referral I had sent YEARS before. So I guess that was a missed opportunity.
cardine

Post by cardine »

I was given the suggestion to delete my email and then enter it again. I did so, and this did not fix the problem. I am still unable to receive emails from the church system. The only email I was able to receive was the verification email from the system when I deleted my email and then the one that gave me a link to verify my email. So it's not that I can't receive emails from something ending in @churchofjesuschrist.org because I did.

I think it could be related to my account, something on the inner workings of my account. Sometimes when I log in, it gives me errors when I try to enter the Leader and Clerk Resources page. Sometimes I am logged it, but to see things pertinent to my calling, it prompts me to log in there, as well, so I have to log in in two places on the website.
blackbeef

Post by blackbeef »

I am getting the same thing. I have not been getting emails sent to me from the LCR/App etc since July 7th. I was recently made a high priest on July 10th and ever since then I have not received any emails. I tried deleting my email off and back on again but no luck. Happened again tonight.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

blackbeef wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:45 pm I am getting the same thing. I have not been getting emails sent to me from the LCR/App etc since July 7th. I was recently made a high priest on July 10th and ever since then I have not received any emails. I tried deleting my email off and back on again but no luck. Happened again tonight.
Yahoo emails are problematic. Cause and timeline for fix is unknown.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CathyLim

Post by CathyLim »

I've been having the same issue for about 6 to 8 weeks. My account hasn't changed at all, my email is still the same. I get the churchwide "Inspiration from" emails, but nothing from my stake or ward leaders. I didn't even get a copy of the email I just sent out as Primary president to my teachers last night.
I'd really like to know what's going on.
klmn

Post by klmn »

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Solutions that haven't worked for me: checking my spam, whitelisting the churchofjesuschrist domain, checking/changing my church account email settings.
Been having this problem since sometime in July 2022 - looks like that's the same for everyone who has posted here. Also wondering if it's exclusively a yahoo.com problem.

Return to “Church Account”