Not getting emails sent to my tools account email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
alaskaaggie2

Not getting emails sent to my tools account email

Post by alaskaaggie2 »

For the last 10 days or so I haven't been getting emails from church sources to my Tools account email. For example, donation confirmations and emails from church leaders in my ward and stake. I checked the settings on my church account for email and everything is set to receive emails for "my calling", "church announcements" etc. Basically everything that I had been receiving before.

I logged into my email account just to make sure it wasn't hacked or open somewhere that it shouldn't be and everything checked out ok.

Any suggestions on what to do? Has anybody had these same issues with their emails from time to time?

Thanks!
davesudweeks

Re: Not getting emails sent to my tools account email

Post by davesudweeks »

I recommend you reach out to your ISP and find out if they are blocking these emails at the server. If they are, find out how you can white-list them so they don't get blocked.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:40 pm I recommend you reach out to your ISP and find out if they are blocking these emails at the server. If they are, find out how you can white-list them so they don't get blocked.
Won't do much good, I am whitelisted for the church email addresses and messages sent by me from the church web page are not coming through again. The problem lies somewhere in the way the Church is sending emails.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:49 pm
davesudweeks wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:40 pm I recommend you reach out to your ISP and find out if they are blocking these emails at the server. If they are, find out how you can white-list them so they don't get blocked.
Won't do much good, I am whitelisted for the church email addresses and messages sent by me from the church web page are not coming through again. The problem lies somewhere in the way the Church is sending emails.
If you are correct, there is nothing any of us can do about this (other than use a different communication method) until the "problem" is fixed. Members who think there is a problem with the tool should provide feedback so the report gets to the developers. I am not seeing any problems with it in my use of the tool and am still receiving messages on my gmail account sent from ward and stake leaders.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:21 pm
garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:49 pm
If you are correct, there is nothing any of us can do about this (other than use a different communication method) until the "problem" is fixed. Members who think there is a problem with the tool should provide feedback so the report gets to the developers. I am not seeing any problems with it in my use of the tool and am still receiving messages on my gmail account sent from ward and stake leaders.
There are numerous threads recently here about email through the church system not going through, including but not limited to aol, yahoo and even gmail accounts. The problem started last year, over 7 months ago, so I would have to say somebody new at headquarters needs to look at it, as whoever is supposedly fixing it is not. More feedback is not necessary, someone actually has to do the work. The fact is it not working is hardly a secret.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:15 pm The problem started last year, over 7 months ago, so I would have to say somebody new at headquarters needs to look at it, as whoever is supposedly fixing it is not.
Actually, the problem was occurring long before that. And the Church has made some changes in the system that have vastly improved the success rate of sending and delivering messages, at least for the moment.

As for someone new at headquarters, I like to believe that a developer has actually been assigned to fix the problem. But that is a giant assumption. Our priorities are not theirs, and it may well be that SaM is not as high on the priority list as many who use it hope it would be.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Agreed, it is apparent to many in our callings that a properly functioning, reliable IT system to help us succeed in those callings does not seem to be a high priority. Sad, but true, perceptions are reality.
alaskaaggie2

Post by alaskaaggie2 »

Thanks for the replies everybody! Unfortunate that this has been a problem for a while for lots of folk. I went ahead and changed my email address for my church account, hoping that solves some of the problem.
cgiddley

Post by cgiddley »

I was able to receive emails via LCR without any trouble until I became ward executive secretary two weeks ago and I gained access to LCR, after never having had access to it before. Since then, I haven't been able to receive any emails from anyone, including myself, and I can't send emails to anyone. My stake clerk doesn't know why. Can someone help me?
caillines

Post by caillines »

It's an issue that comes and goes. Even from week to week.
As far as receiving, try checking your junk folder, often ones I send will end up in people's junk folder. (Though if the sender didn't get a confirmation, it won't have been sent).

Return to “Church Account”