Ministering: Sorting member addresses

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
MormonYoYoMan

Ministering: Sorting member addresses

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Is there a method of sorting members' addresses?
We are a widespread ward, with a number of members with no transportation, widely scattered throughout two states. We have been attempting to determine ministering families and ministers in closer proximity to each other. Gas prices, horses, and wheelchairs are factors in play when it comes to local transportation.

If this is not the forum for such a question, please direct me to the proper forum.
davesudweeks

Re: Ministering: Sorting member addresses

Post by davesudweeks »

MormonYoYoMan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:33 am Is there a method of sorting members' addresses?
We are a widespread ward, with a number of members with no transportation, widely scattered throughout two states. We have been attempting to determine ministering families and ministers in closer proximity to each other. Gas prices, horses, and wheelchairs are factors in play when it comes to local transportation.

If this is not the forum for such a question, please direct me to the proper forum.
You might have better luck using the Ward Directory and Map which will have pins for each member (assuming your ward council has validated all the addresses to ensure the pins are in the correct place. I don't think there is a way to sort by address and that might not help because any alphabetical sort may not work. You might try sending feedback to request a report that includes the ability to sort by address.

In the old MLS days, there were "Geo Code" fields that units could utilize to accomplish grouping as needed but I don't think those exist in LCR.
davesudweeks

Re: Ministering: Sorting member addresses

Post by davesudweeks »

davesudweeks wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:50 am
MormonYoYoMan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:33 am Is there a method of sorting members' addresses?

You might have better luck using the Ward Directory and Map which will have pins for each member (assuming your ward council has validated all the addresses to ensure the pins are in the correct place. I don't think there is a way to sort by address and that might not help because any alphabetical sort may not work. You might try sending feedback to request a report that includes the ability to sort by address.

In the old MLS days, there were "Geo Code" fields that units could utilize to accomplish grouping as needed but I don't think those exist in LCR.
That said, we shouldn't discount inspiration that comes for certain assignments. Being sensitive to the cost/time is important, but let the Spirit guide...

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”