Temple Ordinance Worker callings not in LCR or reports

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dcurtis

Temple Ordinance Worker callings not in LCR or reports

Post by dcurtis »

Those in my ward who have been set apart at the Timpanogos Temple as ordinance workers do not show up as having that calling in LCR. I would expect them to show up in Out of Unit callings, but they don't. However, if I look at their callings in the Member Tools App on my phone, their calling as a Temple Ordinance Worker is listed there. Why does it show up in Member Tools but it does not show up in LCR? And why doesn't it show up on the report of Members With Callings?
BrianEdwards

Re: Temple Ordinance Worker callings not in LCR or reports

Post by BrianEdwards »

That's interesting, I hadn't realized Member Tools would show the calling, my understanding was that this info simply wasn't available to local leaders. My suspicion (based on exactly 0% knowledge of anything) is that it's more likely Member Tools isn't functioning as desired (by showing the calling), as opposed to LCR not working as desired (by not showing the calling). But I'd love for LCR to also show it!

Perhaps others here on the Forum have more info about what the expected behavior should be.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BrianEdwards wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:09 pm Perhaps others here on the Forum have more info about what the expected behavior should be.
My guess would be that someone locally has entered them as custom callings so that Member Tools will provide that information in the stake.

The bishop and stake president know who serves in the temple, or at least they can find it online. Otherwise, access to that information is quite restricted. And it does not show up in LCR. The information is contained in a different system.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

lajackson wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:42 pm
BrianEdwards wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:09 pm Perhaps others here on the Forum have more info about what the expected behavior should be.
My guess would be that someone locally has entered them as custom callings so that Member Tools will provide that information in the stake.

The bishop and stake president know who serves in the temple, or at least they can find it online. Otherwise, access to that information is quite restricted. And if does not show up in LCR. The information is contained in a different system.
The temple is entering temple workers callings and they are supposed to show in member tools for leaders and clerks. They do not currently show in LCR but suspect that is on the list of projects.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:48 pm The temple is entering temple workers callings and they are supposed to show in member tools for leaders and clerks. They do not currently show in LCR but suspect that is on the list of projects.
TIS is still relatively new. I am not enough of a leader or clerk to see the names in Member Tools, but it makes sense that they would be there.

And it would not surprise me to see the system interface with LCR at some point. It is a connected world.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

lajackson wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:51 pm
garystroble wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:48 pm The temple is entering temple workers callings and they are supposed to show in member tools for leaders and clerks. They do not currently show in LCR but suspect that is on the list of projects.
TIS is still relatively new. I am not enough of a leader or clerk to see the names in Member Tools, but it makes sense that they would be there.

And it would not surprise me to see the system interface with LCR at some point. It is a connected world.
I add that they currently show for leaders and clerks only on a member's information in member tools. There is no list of temple workers in the ward; stake not sure.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:56 pm I add that they currently show for leaders and clerks only on a member's information in member tools. There is no list of temple workers in the ward; stake not sure.
I see it there now as a calling under individual names, and I can see it for temple workers in other wards, as well. I wonder if that is new.

As the EQ secretary I am not really surprised to see the ones in my ward. But I wonder if the real reason I am able to see those in other wards is because I am one?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

lajackson wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:10 pm
garystroble wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:56 pm I add that they currently show for leaders and clerks only on a member's information in member tools. There is no list of temple workers in the ward; stake not sure.
I see it there now as a calling under individual names, and I can see it for temple workers in other wards, as well. I wonder if that is new.

As the EQ secretary I am not really surprised to see the ones in my ward. But I wonder if the real reason I am able to see those in other wards is because I am one?
Hmmm, interesting, maybe to help with carpooling if your temple is a distance away?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dcurtis wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:16 am Why does it show up in Member Tools but it does not show up in LCR?
Different programs get updates at different times. There's a pretty small team doing the work. I imagine that LCR will get updated with this feature when it's turn for some developer love comes up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:21 pm Hmmm, interesting, maybe to help with carpooling if your temple is a distance away?
I think it is more for the information of the leaders. Those who serve in a temple have access through that system to help them coordinate with others who are working on the same shift(s). I am new to TIS, but it is my understanding that it has been tested by a number of temples and is just now being rolled out to all of the temples.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”