Yahoo inbox not receiving church emails

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Yahoo inbox not receiving church emails

Post by jdlessley »

brenda_s1 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:00 pm It seems yahoo thinks the church emails are spam and not authenticated. This has been going on almost a year. Why isn't anyone working to get this resolved?
That is what most of the discussion in this thread comes down to. The issue goes well back farther than a year and the Church ICS department has been working on it well longer than a year. Unfortunately the issue is not in control of the ICS department and will take some time to get below the email provider block limits and must stay there for a period of time.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

This email issue is a big problem. I use zoho.com for my email. For a long time I received messages sent through the church system just fine then just over a year ago I stopped receiving emails from the church, stake or ward. When I started hearing about email issues, I contacted zoho and they insisted that they never adjusted filters or changed anything.

At the time I was on a stake communications committee so I requested a churchofjesuschrist.org email address to use for contacting media. I put that address on my ward directory and started receiving messages from the church again. Now I have been released from my communications calling and the church is taking away my churchofjesuschrist email address.

Since the church hasn’t fixed their compatibility issues, I have to set up a new address in order to receive church email. What email providers are compatible with the church system? I don’t want to use google but I will if I have to.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wrigjef wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:54 pm I don’t want to use google but I will if I have to.
Well, Google works for me. And there are others that still work, I believe, But I use gmail so I have not had to worry about it.

Some other topics in the forum discuss which ones seem to work and which ones do not.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe anything in the AOL/Yahoo/Verizon family won't work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:05 pm I believe anything in the AOL/Yahoo/Verizon family won't work.
I know someone who had a US Cellular email address that didn't work about the time this started - when he investigated he found it was being hosted on Yahoo servers. There are probably others that could be affected as well if their provider is contracting email service through AOL or Yahoo. I have seen a post or two from those with Gmail addresses who had troubles but I have never had a problem receiving with Gmail (at least not that I know of).
jerrylavis

Post by jerrylavis »

This is "still" an issue. Feels like years now. Not everyone has a Gmail email account. Yahoo still has a huge email user base.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

My registered email address is on the Yahoo domain. After years with nothing from the Church I started getting messages and notices about four or five weeks ago. Just information, but I have the Church domain whitelisted for my email account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
caillines

Post by caillines »

jdlessley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:57 pm My registered email address is on the Yahoo domain. After years with nothing from the Church I started getting messages and notices about four or five weeks ago. Just information, but I have the Church domain whitelisted for my email account.
Interesting. I might have to do some testing with one of our leaders that uses a yahoo address.
arhill22

Post by arhill22 »

My wife’s yahoo email suddenly started receiving it again today. Maybe something finally got fixed???
caillines

Post by caillines »

caillines wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:11 pm
jdlessley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:57 pm My registered email address is on the Yahoo domain. After years with nothing from the Church I started getting messages and notices about four or five weeks ago. Just information, but I have the Church domain whitelisted for my email account.
Interesting. I might have to do some testing with one of our leaders that uses a yahoo address.
arhill22 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:00 pm My wife’s yahoo email suddenly started receiving it again today. Maybe something finally got fixed???
I didn't get any responses from my test subjects, so I wonder if they are starting to work in batches.

Return to “General Discussions”